""

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Never Too Early for Halloween

This is Jolly Jack, by All Through The Night. Isn't he awesomely cute? He's a must have for me.

Well, this is a kind of drive by post. No updates from me. I'm kind of overwhelmed with work and family stuff and I just am feeling a bit boxed in by it all. Boy, it really puts the whammy on creativity. I truly have no idea how some of these people have full time jobs and do all this cross stitch designing too-churning out charts left and right. I just can't seem to manage, lol. However no fear! My second design is nearly ready to frame and get out there. Meanwhile, I see many things I want to start (or finish!) and I need to focus.

Random thought for this week : Finding old friends via the internet, Facebook, etc. is a wondrous thing. I mean, I went to bed this week thinking "internet reunions are AWESOME!" If you haven't had one, I highly recommend it. Nothing like finding those few people in your life that never failed you, and never failed to make you smile. Welcoming them back into your world again is such a great feeling, even if it's only occasionally or through email. If you're lucky, you can reconnect over lunch and get to know one another's families. Sometimes, life is really good.

I hope everyone out there has a great stitching week, and please, no one remind me that it is the ides of March and I've yet to have a finish, OK? :-p Until next time my friends,

15 comments:

  1. He IS an awesomely cute stitch! By the way, the commercial was very funny. We've missed you! And boy, I know what you mean about work and family. I'm looking at a new job--in Tysons (gulp). It would be a wonderful job, with more $$ and more responsibility and I was thinking what if I don't get it? Then I was thinking, but what if I do?! It'll screw up my stitching big time! We just do the best we can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling new design! Can't wait to see your new one too.
    Yes, internet reunions are so fun! Many hugs, and good luck trying to find more time. I'm still looking too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very very cute! My hubby is going to be working on something Halloween as soon as he gets his log cabin finished. One thing about stitching for the seasons is , if we want to get it done in time to display for a particular holiday, we'd better get stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great design - love it! I know what you mean about work and everything else - I don't feel like I get much accomplished compared to many but that's my life.... I hope things settle down for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't stress too much, girl! All good things come to those who wait, so I'm sure your eager fans will be happy to wait for your second release.

    Please drop by my blog for an award and I hope it doesn't put any more stress on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree! We just got the new Monster4 LEGO "board" game yesterday, and it makes me want to prepare for Halloween early!

    I have yet to jump on the Facebook bandwagon, but Gerald recently reconnected with guys from the Navy. He's enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that your piece would be fun to stitch any time of the year, and he'll be ready for Halloween!

    I hear what you're saying about things being overwhelming. I don't work any longer, but to say a SAHM doesn't work is a joke. I think I work harder now then when I used to. And never seem to get all the things done that I hope I would because I spy dust bunnies or something.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tammy, sometimes life just gets busier and points to a different direction even if for a short time. Go with it. Stitching will always be with you and you'll get back to it.

    Love that design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A must have indeed
    Facebook has helped me in finding old friends too

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this guy, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jolly Jack is perfectly Halloweeny and wonderful!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aaaawww, such a great new chart. Will lokk gorgeous when stitched.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Halloween !! No its never too early to start stitchg halloween designs, I would love to keep a little halloween all year long! lol Enjoy stitching him...Time flys too quickly cant belive April already..

    Priscilla x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!