""

Saturday, June 23, 2018

Notforgotten Farm The Giving Sisters-pumpkin time!

Here's an update of my (not too much) progress on The Giving Sisters by Notforgotten Farm:



 This is a fun stitch! I love all things Halloween, especially stitching. I made a brief foray into designing some years ago, and had to give up my pursuit after a short time. I'm thinking I need to give it a go again, because I have so many great ideas and I'm so inspired by designers such as this one. So many other great ones too!

Since we moved last August, I did not get to see our Moonflowers bloom at all, and I think the young man that bought our home ripped them all out. It shouldn't matter to me, but gosh it made me so sad! We were unable to plant any last year but, fear not, I made sure I'd have plenty this year. I have missed these perfect little heart shaped leaves so much!


You can bet I'll bore you with the blooms as soon as I have any!


My son turned 22 on June 11.  I just can't believe so much time has gone by.  Wow.


He is in college and doing great. He has a really good job and they love him there and we're really proud of this kid.  

Here are some lovely bees I managed to get a good pic of.  I just want to pet them.



And I will leave you with a beautiful waxing crescent moon from a few days ago.  We have been getting SO MUCH rain that seeing the moon was a real treat for me. I'm always looking at the sky it seems. 


More stitchy updates to come soon! I hope everyone has a productive and beautiful week!

6 comments:

  1. I think you have made good progress on your witch stitch. Every stitch you put in is one less you have to create and one closer to a finish. Happy belated birthday wishes to your son. I look forward to seeing your moonflower blooms. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin! I will be sure to post them!

      Delete
  2. I always love to see your progress on the Stitching Sisters. Such a lovely design.
    It's always a bit too fast that the kids grow up, at least it seems like that. But it's good to see how well they master their adult life.
    I'm looking forward to seeing your Moonflowers bloom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it's amazing to see them becoming their own person!

      Delete
  3. Sisters is looking great.
    OMG! Love those heart leaves!
    Can't wait to see the blooms.
    The Bees are too cute.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn! When the blooms come in August I'll be sure to post!

      Delete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!