""

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Hello there! Updates, stash, crochet baby blanket etc.

So, it's been a long, long, time since I updated.  I'll get a few things out of the way.  I've done ZERO stitching for a while.  Work was crazy busy this season, but I have a couple months off now, and I plan to start something soon, so that's that. 

My mom and I have a tradition of attending the Woodlawn Needlework Exhibit in March, and this year was no exception.  The show was good, and after going to In Stitches, I picked up these few items:


Such cute stuff.  I'm a sucker for bees, I tell you.  So many pretty designs out there with bee skeps or bees in general.  Love them.  Now to get around to actually stitching them....

I've said it before here many times-stitching soothes my soul and for the life of me, I don't know why I fall off the wagon with it.  I adore it.  I pledge to start a new project within the next week and post it here.  I also vow to finish my sweet little ghost girl (nearly done) from a couple posts ago and get that posted as well.

I have been honing my crochet skills for a while now.  I'm working on a bunch of little granny squares for a project for myself (pic later).  But I've been working on a ripple baby blanket for my boss, who is due in late July.  It's just a small blanket, so I should be done in plenty of time, but here's a progress photo:


I hope she likes it!  She's having a little girl. I've use the sweetest colors in the Hobby Lobby "I Love This Yarn!" brand, which is really nice to work with.  Very soft too.  Acrylics have come a looooong way!  It took me a couple tries to get that pattern down pat, but I persevered, and it paid off, I think.  If you like to crochet and would like to try this pattern, I used THIS ONE.  Enjoy!

Life is good here.  My son is graduating from high school in a matter of days now.  This young man (pictured at the beginning of this school year) will be heading off to college to pursue physics and astrophysics and we could not be any more proud of him.  This is going to be a big adjustment for all of us, but we'll handle it like we have everything else in life.  I am *SO EXCITED* for him to take this next step in his life.  It's something I have always regretted not doing so maybe I can live vicariously through him just a bit!  Good things are in store for this kid!


We had so much snow and cold weather, I just cannot re-hash it, lol.  Suffice it to say that I never thought I'd see green on the trees again and I'm relishing it every single day!  I'll be back soon with a new stitchy project hopefully.  Enjoy your Spring and until next time,

9 comments:

  1. Tammy, it's nice to see your post! Nice stash and crochet blanket!

    Congrats to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The baby blanket looks great! Sometimes doing a repetitive project is just what you need.

    I can't believe your once-a-tot is off to college soon! Congratulations to him & good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stash. That's a beautiful baby blanket, such sweet colours.

    Wow, no wonder you are proud of your son. I am sure he will go far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see a blog post from you. Who could resist those pretty patterns! Great new stash.

    Love the crocheted blanket.. looks warm and snuggly.

    Congrats to your son! Good to have a smarty-pants in the family. Astro-physics, huh?

    Spring is here so forget that wreck of winter we had!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to your son on his graduation. Such exciting times for him (and you!) Where will he be studying next year?

    The baby blanket is adorable. I love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that sweet baby blanket, crochet is something I have never managed to pick up. And your new charts are great, I was tempted too by the new PS chart with the bees/bears.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a great post!!! I love the new stash. I share your love of bees! Aren't they just cool?
    I can't believe your son is off to college. Already? Mine will be there next year. They grow up so fast. Take care and enjoy some stitching time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to see you back and posting. And hopefully you will soon be stitching again and experiencing the fun of it. But you haven't been far away from the needle, a crochet needle is also a needle, lol. That's a wonderful baby blanket indeed, such lovely pastel colours.

    Your new charts are gorgeous, all of them. Isn't it great to see all the bee related designs out there? And the Fancey Blackett chart is so cute, too.

    Congratulations to your son and a good start for him at college!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you went to that exhibition with your mom and got inspired to buy some new projects. Can't wait to see how they progress. The baby blanket is glorious.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!