""

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Hello September!

 I haven't been cross stitching, but I did have a good summer! I take that back. I did do a few stitches on my Moon and Stars from LHN, but not enough to even post a pic. I've been doing some other things, not the least of which was making enormous headway in cleaning out closets, cabinets, garage and shed. Every end of summer, beginning of fall, I feel an overwhelming need to clear out and clean up. Not just material things, but mentally as well. This year is no different!

We had summer vacation in July at Ocean City, MD, as we usually do. I broke TWO toes the week before vacation. Did that stop me? Nope. Of all the times we have gone to the shore, I never seem to take a sunrise or a sunset for granted. There is just something so spectacular about seeing the sun come up and go down. Granted, I'm easily entertained, but it truly is a bit of magic in the everyday.


Got a great pic of my son sitting on the beach and my husband waving hello as he comes in. I love this shot.



August was nice. Our weather hasn't been too awful hot and the rain has been to a minimum. I took the opportunity before I went back to work to do some crocheting.


This one is called the Cloudburst Shawl, and you can find it on Ravelry. It's super easy and free, if you would like to try your hand at crochet. I made two of them because the pattern was so nice.


This is my second year keeping up with Project Life. I absolutely love it. LOVE IT. I can't tell you how important it is to record your memories and take photos. Print them out. Enjoy them. Share them. It's worth it. This is just a small example of a spread from July. I do 6x8 Project Life. The larger size just put me off and I was never able to fill it up it seemed and I would stop doing it. The smaller size just clicks with me and I look forward to working on it. Doesn't take too much time and is really enjoyable for me.


I also turned 49 in August. That's A-O-K by me! I love being here. It's a wonder to be in this world and get to enjoy all the things I enjoy, have the family that I do, and live the little life I have here with them. I'm going to approach this coming year as I do so many others-with gratitude, appreciation, and love. It's a good way to go.


I hope everyone is up to something good and enjoying the few days left of summer. Autumn Equinox, or Mabon, comes on September 23rd this year. That means celebrating harvests, and enjoying lots of fresh fruits, vegetables and grains. I think of apples and pumpkins automatically! I'm looking forward to all things Autumn! I want to cook more, and that's one of my goals for this upcoming harvest season.

Until next time,

8 comments:

  1. Your shawl,is so,pretty! Sounds like you've had a busy end of summer with the vacation and all that cleaning and organizing! Beautiful pic of you, Tammy. Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to see another blog update from you. And great to read that you have had a wonderful summer. That lovely beach picture makes proof of it :) I also love your picture. And oh, such a lovely crocheted cowl. I can see why your made it twice, it's beautiful.

    Like you I always try to detect the magic in the simple things in every day life, and it usually works. That's why I start my days with a little walk onto the terrace and the garden just enjoying the new morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a great time, despite the broken toes. Ouch!
    The shawl is pretty, thanks for the link.
    Great pic of you!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday wishes! Your outing to Ocean City looked like you all had a fabulous time. I, too, am looking forward to the coming fall/harvest season. Very nice looking crochet project!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! Just to let you know that your Witchy Brew found it's way to England and I have now stitched it for our Hallowe'en Ornie Blog. It's a lovely chart and I really enjoyed stitching it.
    http://halloweenorniesal.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/jos-september-ornament.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a wonderful summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such nice photos and your shawl is lovely! Happy October to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Tammy. Lovely to get your update. The shawl is very pretty and useful too as the seasons change. I like to scrapbook although it is a hobby which is taking up space!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!