""

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Happy New Year!

Well, happy or not, it's New Year's. And just a week to go until February. Wow. My blog has been neglected again and I hope to catch up soon. I find I have little time to blog, and even less to comment on other blogs like I used to. I'd like to get back into the blogging rhythm this year. We shall see....

Still no stitching happening in my household. I have been continuing to crochet however, and learning some new things. I started this shawl back in September or so. It was a pattern on Ravelry and I was determined to learn it. It's nearly done now, but I've not taken a recent pic of it. Here's the skull shawl beginning:


I've already got plans to start another soon. It's so fun. I also started a blanket (another Ravelry pattern) that is super cute:


It's going to be so nice when it's done.

November was not the best month on record. I lost one of the best friends a person could ever have. My friend Chris passed away November 4th. Chris was my close friend since high school. He was in 10th grad when we met. He was a truly amazing man. Funny as hell. He lived far from me, but we talked every day via facebook's chat feature and though his physical problems were many, his heart was steadfast. He never failed to be able to make me laugh. I don't have words to describe how much he will be missed.


Later in the month, my son's grandfather suffered a stroke. There is so much more to the story, but suffice it to say, our lives have been turned upside down. One of my goals this year is to help this lovely man get back on his feet, literally. He's been a father to me for 30+ years and was there for every major event in my family's, and son's, life as well. Here he is a week prior to the event, doing what he does best-being Pop Pop.


Christmas was tough, to say the least. It was a year of just going through the motions, more or less.

Winter storm Jonas gave us quite a bit of snow to deal with. But instead of that, I'd like to post a pic of the gorgeous sunrise from the morning of the storm. It was truly beautiful. And I need to stop using my phone to take pics, judging by the quality of this one! Look at those colors!


I feel like I need a change. Ever feel like that? I don't know what it might be, but I need one. I have lots of goals this year, as I always do. But I'm missing one. I need to figure it out. Soon.

Here's to hoping everyone finds the change they need and the love they seek. And may your New Year bring you much happiness and lots of time for stitching!

Until next time, 
  

7 comments:

  1. Love the Skull shawl.
    The blanket will be so cute too.
    Sorry you lost a good friend and that Grandpa had a stroke.
    Take care.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss. I hope things get back on track for you soon. I like the crochet work very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had to go through a lot at the end of last year, Tammy. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your good friend. And I hope that your son's grandfather will recover from the stroke he suffered. So this year will hopefully be a lot better for you and your family.

    So great to see that you are into crocheting. And these pieces look so good. Maybe you can show more when you find the time. And if not, just enjoy your crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your crochet things are turning out great. I am sorry to hear about your friend's passing and the stroke of your son's grandfather. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to read about the passing of your dear friend and the poor health your son's grandfather is in. Those are both difficult events. Big hugs to you during this hard time.

    Love the baby blanket squares and that sunrise photo is gorgeous! Stunning colors against the stark dark trees.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Tammy. I hope the year gets better for you and your family xx the year had a bad start for me too. Four things challenged me greatly so I too am hoping for an improvement.

    The picture is gorgeous and so is the shawl with its skull (shiver)

    Star

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the skull shawl, will be fun to see what it looks like all finished up. The squares for the blanket are looking lovely as well. So sorry for you on the loss of your friend, as well as your pop-pop having stroke. Hopefully he recovered well and feeling much better now.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!