""

Sunday, November 26, 2017

Thanksgiving Memories and Crafty Stuff

We hosted our first Thanksgiving in our new home this year. I realized after everyone left that I hadn't taken one photo of any of us.  I did take a couple snaps of the food. Yikes. Like I said, it's been on of those years, and I'm off balance in so many ways.

It was wonderful having people to the house and we had such a nice time and a huge over abundance of food.  I truly am thankful for so many things, but there have been great losses as well, and I'm trying hard not to let them overshadow what I DO have and what I AM thankful for!

So, first some food.

Line up everybody!

Turkey was perfection

Home Made Mac-n-Cheese

Pineapple Fluff Salad

Sweet Potato Casserole, Mashed Potatoes, Deviled Eggs

We were all so stuffed!  That's the whole point I guess, right?   It all turned out great and we had nice conversation around the table (put both leaves in!). Just loved it. I was still full the next day.

One thing I'm always thankful for is my mother teaching me various crafts and always indulging my interest in them from the time I was just a little girl. Keeping your hands busy crafting means you you are less able to throttle people. That's probably why I always have something to do.  This is a sweet little cowl I made one night recently while trying to de-stress!

 
My mom and I went to The 29th Annual Fall Fiber Festival in Montpelier Station VA back in early October. It was fun, a bit warmer than we expected, but overall, just a lovely time. Petting lots of yarn has become a favorite pastime for us.  And the animals were a bonus! Love me a good llama.


My little Jenny has transitioned well to our new home. She brings me lots of comfort and happiness. Don't know what I'd do without her.


I leave you with one of my favorite quotes about handwork and a couple projects I'm working on.


Be good to one another and happy stitching!

5 comments:

  1. Your crochet projects are all so gorgeous. I really like the light turquoise snowflake you created. Thank you for sharing the quote (someone should chart it so it can be stitched) and the pictures of your Thanksgiving feast. Enjoy the rest of November!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dinner looks delicious!
    Pass a Deviled egg, please! :)
    Love the quote.
    Jenny is too cute.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Thanksgiving dinner looks so great. And it seems you had a great with very nice people around you.
    Great crochet projects that you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow..thats a yummy spread for thanksgiving. I love your handworks and the beautiful quote too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! what a delicious spread. Lovely crochet project and the yarns at the fair, simply Wow!
    Jenny is too cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!