""

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ya'll won't believe this!

Well, I finally had some success! I didn't want to take the time to stitch the little snowman again, but I will later on. And I thought to myself that if mess up another uber-cute design, I would surely see an early grave, so I found a tiny little biscornu pattern from The Floss Box (they have snowflakes too!) and went to work. It was a super quick stitch and then I finished it last night.

Here is what it looked like prior to stitching:

Then I carefully followed instructions from all you great ladies who tried to help me avoid a nervous breakdown and it turned into THIS before my very eyes!!!!



Mini-Biscornu-The Floss Box
Wichelt 18 ct. Twilight Blue Linen, over two
Freebie found HERE
I can't hardly believe it! I'm going to go so far as to say I'm very pleased with myself, lol! Now I have to get back to my poor neglected Sheepies!

Thank you again, everyone, who left me comments and talked me down from the ornament finishing ledge. You'll never know how much it meant to me!!

27 comments:

Dee said...

Awesome! You did a great job on the stitching and the finishing. I love the beaded edge.

Ranae said...

You did a fab finish, love the beadd edging.
Congrats!!

Yoyo said...

Oh, but we do know what it meant to you, because at some point in the past somebody did it for us!

This is stunning. You did an absolute super job. Congratulations on a very nice finish.

Mirabilia Lover said...

It looks great!

Twana said...

Very nice finish. Congratulations!

DaisyGirl said...

Great job! I knew you could do it!
Some of those finishes are tricky. I've yet to make a flat fold.
Hugs,
Donna

Glenna said...

Yay, you! It's absolutely perfect!

Answering your question: pink fabric on the first garden project, but tan-ish (probably Examplar) on the second--shot in the lamplight, so it looks pinkish.

Lelia said...

Very Nice Tammy!!! And, did you realize Pat Winter has a give away on her blog for inner child dolls?

Check it out:

http://gatherings100.blogspot.com/2009/01/one-worldone-heart-participant.html

Her dolls are better than mine!!

LOL - always, L.

Daffycat said...

Hey, look at that! An absolutlely perfect (and beautiful) ornament. Con~grat~u~la~tions!

I knew you could do it!
>^..^<

WendyZ said...

You totally stink! I wish I could get something accomplished like that. I need you to send your vibes down my way. ;)

tkdquintmom said...

(clapping VERY loudly) YEAH!!!!! IT LOOKS FANTASTIC (hugs) Seriously and I'm not just saying that either! It looks beautiful! Love it, you did just great!

Sharon said...

Well, look at you...lil' Ms Determined, to not give up and then turn out such a perfectly perfect ornie!!!!! WOW, it is sooo beautiful, and it appears to me like you've done this at least a million times before. No one would know the diffrence!

I'm so proud of you! :-)

Wooohooo, TAMMY!!!!!

Quirky said...

*happy dancing and chanting* GO TAMMY! GO TAMMY!

It looks WONDERFUL! Congratulations.

Ginnie said...

Great job and beautifully finished.

Vonna said...

Hurray! love it!

Tracy said...

Great job Tam...

Jane said...

Well done, Tammy! I knew you could do it. Way to go girl!!!

Cindy F. said...

Congrats Tammy!! It's beautiful, as is your finish!!

Cindy said...

Yippee!! It looks awesome! Congratulations on your finish :)

Tammy said...

Great job Tammy :-) Now I'll have to come to you for finishing advice.

Carol R said...

Knew you could do it Tammy and you beaded the edge too - well done!

Jurga said...

Very beautiful, perfect finish! :)

Solstitches said...

That turned out beautifully Tammy.
Very pretty indeed.

Margaret

stitcherw said...

It turned out wonderful. Congratulations on giving finishing another go, you did a great job.
Sue

Kit said...

That looks amazing, you should be proud of it. Now get going on the sheep, I'm can't wait to see them.

tintocktap said...

Lovely little snowflake!

Wendy said...

Well you can be proud on yourself, because it looks so great!!! I just love it!