""

Monday, July 5, 2010

Me, Adam, and Fireworks

OK, so I know it's 4th of July and all - well, actually the 5th. And as grateful as I am to live in the land of the free, home of the brave, I also cannot seem to set aside thinking about where I was last Sunday, the 27th. I spent the evening with:

...mmm hmmm. Yep, I spent the evening with Adam Lambert. And it was everything I thought it could be, lol. His CD is incredible, and hearing those songs right from his lips was perfection. Oh yeah, I know I'm like a schoolgirl over everything Adam, and he did not dissapoint. At all.

I took that photo myself, that's how close we were - maybe 10-15 feet from him! In fact, he was so fabulous, I'm going again in August! Time for another can of glitter hairspray, people. The only person more glittered up than me in that joint was Adam. :-p No kidding. Wow. I feel now is a good time to mention that my awesome husband accompanied to this concert and he enjoyed it too, though he doesn't really rock out like you'd think. He parties on the inside. Ha.

I have many, many more photos of him, rest assured. :-)

Spent a wonderful day Saturday with my hubs and my awesome kid. Caution: my nose appears larger here than in real life. Maybe not.

Our little town put on a great fireworks show. Luckily, we only have to drive to the top of our subdivision to see it! It's always awe-inspiring to see fireworks on a large scale.

We're looking forward to heading to Ocean City, MD on Saturday and I need to pick out my stitching to take. For some reason, I still haven't felt like stitching - especially my own stuff!! What's up with that? GAH! I want to take something fun, for myself for vacation. I think I'm suffering from severe loss of mojo. Where did my mojo fairy go for goodness sake? She needs to come back and sit on my shoulder, very soon. Stitching makes me so happy and relaxed, so why is it that I avoid it sometimes? How stupidly weird is that? Regardless, I will have some stitching hopefully done while out of town and have something to show next time.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer. We have so much more to enjoy. The days are hot, the flags are out, and the insects are eating me up. Have a great stitchy week and enjoy yourselves!

6 comments:

  1. I'm a huge Adam Lambert too and my kids think that I'm nutso. But I think he's a great singer. Love the picture of you and your family and the fireworks too. Have fun in Ocean City!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam is appearing at a summer fest in my home town. I have been on the fence about buying a ticket to see him, but I am SO tempted! Especially, after reading your comments.

    Have a great vacation. Hopefully you'll find your stitching mojo while away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited to see your post! I understand about the stitching mojo. I swear it comes and goes for all of us! I think when we feel too much pressure, it's easy to just let it go for a while.
    Hope you are having a wonderful summer! I love all your fun pictures.
    Your concert pictures are too cool. I can't believe you were so close. Awesome fun I'm sure!
    Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so awesome! I am not an Adam Lambert fan, but I have been to concerts that I was super crazy about.

    Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fireworks pics! Sounds like you had a blast, lol! (groan, pun intended).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had such a great show, and you were so close. Awesome fireworks pictures too, they turned out wonderfully. Hope your stitching mojo comes back soon, maybe it's the summer heat, I've been struggling with a lack of mojo lately too.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!