""

Wednesday, October 3, 2018

And then there were two--sisters, that is!

YES! Sister has finally made an appearance! It's coming along great and I'm really enjoying it. There
is so much black floss in this design, and I love it. Hoping to have this completed by Halloween!

 


We kicked off our Halloween season by going to King's Dominion for their Halloween Haunt. We were a bit disappointed this year. Seemed like some of the haunt areas were gone and some of the atmosphere is was just "off". But we had a great time anyways, as we always do.






The wheel of the year has brought me back around to Fall again. This is my most favorite time of year. Each season has it's own appeal, but for me, Fall is just something special.  It's the season of introspection with it's shorter days and longer nights. It's perfect for crafting, reading, taking inventory of one's own life. I plan to do that this Fall, as I do every year.

We don't have much in the way of cleaning out or improvements to do to our home, aside from painting.  Oh yeah, my husband is building a deck! That will be nice. We have a concrete patio, but it looks disjointed from the house and putting a deck over it and re-doing the stairs will pull it all together wonderfully. I'll share some before and after photos when it's all done! Until then,

10 comments:

  1. Love those witches!
    The haunt looks like great fun, my grandson is obsessed with all things Halloween, he would love that :-) I love Autumn too, and I love it when the nights start drawing in, I don't really miss the lighter nights because I find if it stays lighter I keep finding things to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Shorter days means more TV time, lol!

      Delete
  2. Sisters is coming along nicely.
    That looks like a great haunt.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn! It is a really great Haunt! We are spoiled by all the great stuff there.

      Delete
  3. Good for you on getting the second sister to appear! Your stitch is looking good. I am looking forward to the cooler fall days once they appear. Still dealing with heat and humidity in my part of the state. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Robin! It's near 90 here today, but supposed to be 72 tomorrow. We'll see! I'm so ready for cooler months about now.

      Delete
  4. Loving the flowers and key in the dresses !
    We are enjoying the gorgeous Autumn weather, especially after an entire summer of rain !
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. This should be the last hot week for us and I'm looking forward to cooler times! We had a ton of rain too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!