""

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Spring Is Here, Woodlawn Stash, Halloween Finish

Folks, spring arrived and as usual, it snuck up on me. We had plenty of snow to deal with last month. I feel bad posting about it because many many more people had some horrific snowstorms.


We had one day that was really blizzard-like. It's nice to be working inside and watch all the pretty snow falling and not have to go anywhere! Days like that make me very happy to work from home.

My mom and I went to Woodlawn on 3/19. We try to go every year. It's a fun tradition to have. It means a great deal to me to spend times like that with my mom.  She's a wonderful woman and we always laugh and have things to gossip talk about.

If you go to Woodlawn, you have to follow it up with a trip to In Stitches.  The exhibit was great, but there were quite a few less items than in years past. One room was entirely closed. I always tell myself I'll enter something, but then never do! I did manage to pick up (thanks Mom!) all the new Blackbird Designs Beatle's tribute patterns and a couple others. Patterns are so expensive anymore, aren't they? Here's what I picked up:


I also bought a little pair of Kelmscott scissors, but my fingers don't even fit in them due to the design of the scissors. This is the second pair I've gotten like this. I guess many of them are just for decorative purpose and not for using. I'll think twice before I get a cute pair of them again, even though I love the designs. These are the ones I got and the acorns make it near impossible to use. They scraped up my thumbnail pretty good!


Here's my recent finish. It's Homespun Elegance, A Halloween Year II, October House.


I don't know why, but I'm not real happy with my stitching on this one.  One thing I really like about it, is that it's DONE.  I can't wait to move on to something else now.

I'm going to leave you with a terrible photo of the amazing Moon. I'm a nature and a sky watcher. Sunsets, sunrises, clouds, stars and Moon-it all just seems so magical to me. This was taken just a few days ago, and the clouds flowing by were the most amazing shades of pink and white. Just beautiful.


I'll be back soon with more projects and a new start!  Now, what to choose, what to choose?  I've no shortage of things waiting for me, that's for certain! 

8 comments:

  1. Wow, those cardinal photos are absolutely stunning.

    Love all your new charts, and your little October House finish.

    What a shame about the scissors, that's crazy that you can hardly use them due to their size.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stash!
    Glad you had a good time at Woodlawn.
    The bird pics are so pretty.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always so nice to see pictures of cardinals, even when they are sitting on snow-covered branches. I hope that spring will come to your region soon, too.

    I envy you for your trip to In Stitches. What a treat! And wow, all these great new charts that you bought. There's a lot of stitching ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice stash you picked up during your Woodlawn/In Stitches adventure! I really like the picture of the moon you shared!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful bird pic!
    I too love spending time with my mom and so wish she lived closer. I'm glad you two had a great day at Woodlawn and of course, In Stitches! You got some great stash - charts are crazy expensive, I agree. Your scissors are darling; so sorry you can't use them.
    Your finish looks perfect to me. I can't imagine why you're unhappy with the stitching. Can't wait to see what's up next.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures of the cardinals. Fancy being able to look out at all that loveliness! Gorgeous sewing! Please could you post the link to those suppliers? Maybe they post to England? You will be busy this year with all your sewing projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stash from In Stitches. That store can be a real hazard to the pocket book!

    Your HE piece is just adorable.

    To bad about the cute little scissors. I always look for ones with larger openings too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree about pattern prices. It used to be an affordable hobby, but not so much anymore. And, don't get me started on framing costs! YIKES!

    Love your little Halloween finish. So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!