""

Sunday, August 5, 2018

Notforgotten Farm Giving Sisters and Moonflowers

I pulled a switch-a-rooni and stitched her ALL OVER AGAIN on linen! This has to be the third or fourth time I've begun this project on different fabric. I hand dyed this linen to be darker than the aida was, but you can't get a feel for the color here. It's a warm brown and turned out very pretty. The linen is Zweigart I believe and I picked it up from Hobby Lobby. I'm enjoying hand dyeing!


So now I think I'll progress to the other side, or maybe the top border so I don't get my counting wrong for the second sister. Ha, that is most likely what I need to do! It's been a fun stitch so far (you would hope so for as many times as I've started this project!). I'm trying to continue to let go of perfectionism in pursuit of completion.  Hard task indeed. But I'm getting there.

We had our first moonflower bloom around mid July, which is earlier than we ever had at our previous home!

They are so lovely.  I managed to do a video of one recently opening. Totally amateur, but it's OK! Only a minute long, but it captures it pretty well.


We had our first year anniversary of moving into our new house on August 2nd! We've been so happy here. I am so grateful to be living where I do with the people I love.  A full four seasons here. I can't believe how the time has gone.


I hope everyone has a great week!  Next time I'll have some more updates of my witchy sisters.  After all the starts I've done on that thing, it could have been done by now! 😁


5 comments:

  1. Well, sometimes we all do that .
    Why stitch it if it does not appeal to us!
    The Moomflower is beautiful.
    Awesome video!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Marilyn about the stitching! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Moonflower is so pretty. Way to go on getting one of the sisters stitched! I am glad you are happier with this version. Your home looks great in the 4 season collage. Wishing you many more years of happiness in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so great to see this beautiful project growing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!