""

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Autumn in flux

 Well, what a couple of weeks it has been. Not enough good going on. And not much actual stitching!

I am REALLY trying to finish my Pineberry Lane Oct. 31 into a little ditty bag to hang over a doorknob or something. But I'm having a tough time sewing the binding around the edge at the top. Here is a bit of an idea of what I'm working with currently.




The opening is too small to fit in my sewing machine, so I have to do it by hand. UGH! I don't get a lot of enjoyment out of hand sewing, but I really want this done, so I'll either sew it or glue it, lol. The Pineberry Lane instructions were for just a square pocket, but I liked the look of a curved bag, so there you are. Wish me luck on this one. 

I started joining my puff daisy flowers. I'm going to make this into a mat for my dresser top. The joining is going great, but I'm not looking forward to weaving in all those ends!

They are SO pretty! I have a bit more progress on these since I took the pic a couple days ago, but I'm being lazy and not taking another.

We took some time to go buy mums at a local nursery, and there are so many beautiful late season and in season flowers still available. I want to get my perennial garden underway by next year. We have to do a couple things in our backyard, and then we will get going on it.

 
 
That might be the only thing I miss about my previous home-my perennial gardens. But when I get this one done, I won't miss it anymore!

Vote early if you can. My son and I went to vote last Friday as soon as it opened, and we were the only ones there (we live in a pretty rural area though). Feels good to get it over and done with. 

Stay safe everyone. Be good to eachother. Take in the Autumn.Until next time,

4 comments:

  1. Your bag looks great with the curve. Sorry that you have to do the binding by hand. Hoping to pick up some mums this week. We decided to vote early and did so on the 18th.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll post an update on the bag this weekend! Thank you Robin!

      Delete
  2. The bag is cute, sorry I cant offer any suggestions, I've never made one.
    The puffs are so pretty.
    I love Perennials too.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marilyn! I'll update on the little bag this weekend! Have a good one!

      Delete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!