""

Sunday, October 25, 2020

Fancey Blackett's Brooms and Autumn Colors

 Fancey is making an appearance! I tried to start off twice with the upper left corner, and I was getting nowhere with that border. I started it with one strand on 32 count, and my eyes weren't having it.So I dyed another piece of 28 count, which I liked even better than the first, and started with that. STILL I wasn't having fun. I started using one strand, but it wasn't laying right, so I switched it up and started with Ms. Fancey herself and I'm using two strands over two on this 28 count. Success!


I'm hooked on all things Fancey Blackett. This is just what I need to take me in to the Halloween week and weekend. Sadly, we aren't having any big get togethers. Truth is, we haven't had a Halloween party for quite a few years now. But I am making some fun food and desserts for the holiday and I think we'll all have a little bit of fun next Saturday. 

The weather yesterday was abotu 83 degrees and today is 48! If you don't like the weather in VA, just wait a minute! 

My mom and I took a walk at the park, and had a nice lunch outside at Firebird's. I don't think she's been since the end of February, right after I had surgery. It was much needed!



The colors here are spectacular. I live all year just to see these colors of Autumn. 

Work was crazy busy last week. I feel like a mental health break is on the horizon for me. It's all getting to be a bit much. I try to keep as much normalcy during these times as I can, but boy oh boy, it's difficult. The kids and I haven't been to the movies in over a year. I think the last one we saw was Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark. Which, if you haven't seen it, go watch it NOW. Or at least watch it this week. I highly recommend! Anyways, life is just changed. And not for the better right now. But we're trying. That's all you can do.

That's about it for now. Not much happening. I hope to get a few pumpkins this week so we can at least do some carving. That tradition must stand, no matter what. I hope everyone is safe and well and making at least one or two plans for keeping the Halloween tradition this year. Let me know what you're up to!

Until next time,

10 comments:

  1. I grew up in the Shenandoah Valley of Va before moving to Canada. The leaves were over the top and we’d eat apples forever. Sweet stitching. Life has been hard, listen to your brain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Shenandoah Valley is gorgeous! Would love to know how you like living in Canada vs. US. It's been on my mind lately!

      Delete
  2. I also love anything Fancey Blackett.
    Wendy told me that her co-worker said she is going to take on that person & someday she won't come back! LOL
    beautiful Fall pics. The leaves are almost all down here, we've had high winds everyday.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oooh, yes, I can see taking on a Fancey Blackett persona too!

      Delete
  3. Fancey is looking good, Tammy! And the fabric you dyed is lovely. Well done! I enjoyed the photos of the fall foliage from your walk. We had 47 here yesterday and today, it is supposed to be near 70. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Robin! October was just beautiful, wasn't it?!

      Delete
  4. " I live all year just to see the colors of Autumn"...perfect! A truly amazingly beautiful time of year! And I love that last pic of the trees! Maybe I should move to VA? lol! ;-) I've been trying to do something outdoors every day, just to make sure I soak in all of this colorful happiness! On those rainy foggy days, I am indoors stitching... you have a fine start on Fancey! Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Va has such beautiful colors in Autumn! But the summers can be unbearable sometimes! Getting outdoors really helps, doesn't it?

      Delete
  5. Such a cute witch. Beautiful pics from your walk and lovely fall colors.
    Take care !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!