""

Sunday, November 15, 2020

Anniversary and Fancey Blackett Conversion takes shape!

I've changed up the pinwheels on Fancey Blackett's Brooms to quaker symbols! I thought it would look pretty and I'm loving the results! What do you think?




 I don't know if I'll fill in those two left side symbols with anything. Still trying to decide! Fun design to work on.

My mom and I traveled to In Stitches yesterday to pick up my Giving Sisters by Notforgotten Farm. They do a spectacular job on everything. I have never been disappointed with their framing. They are meticulous! Framing is so very expensive, so when you get something back you want it perfect!

Please forgive the glare. It's impossible to get a photo without it! Just look at how perfectly straight those borders are! I'm not confident enough to pin linen, or lace it, even though I want to learn. But WOW, was I super happy with those borders, lol. Such a beautiful job, and a beautiful design!

I hope to work my way down to Fancey's cauldron this week, if work allows. It's been brutal! But I always have my stitching on my desk and my Ott lamp is always on, in case I finish up and have a few minutes to put some stitches in. It truly does help my outlook on things.

We celebrated our 34th wedding anniversary on the 8th! As my mom likes to say, "that's nothing to sneeze at!". We went to our favorite restaurant for dinner that we go to once a year, and had an really nice time. The weather was just gorgeous!


Time to plan out Thanksgiving dinner for just us and the kiddos. Sadly things will be different this year, but no way I'm taking chances with our parents. I just cannot. But, some turkey and cookies will probably be headed their way when it's all done!

Stay well and safe, and I'll be back soon with a Fancey update! Until then,

11 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Looks like one delicious meal! I think I'd try to make it to that restaurant at least twice a year! ;-) Beautiful stitches... stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty rare because it's SO expensive, but it is SO worth it! Thank you and have a great week!

      Delete
  2. Happy Anniversary!!
    I do like the Quakers on Fancey.
    Giving Sisters looks nice in that frame.
    Just the 2 of us for Thanksgiving.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn! Just need to pick out a good place to hang the sisters now. Have a wonderful weekend and I hope we all can enjoy our small thanksgiving feasts!

      Delete
  3. Fancey is looking good and I like the little Quaker snippets. Your framed piece looks awesome.

    Happy Anniversary wishes to you and your husband. We celebrated our on the 10th.

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Robin! I like the quaker snippets too! Have a great upcoming weekend and thanksgiving!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful stitching.
    Happy 24th anniversary !

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stitching is so pretty, your stitches are so neat and the colour fabric is wonderful! I love your changes on the piece!
    That framed piece is gorgeous!

    Happy anniversary!

    Stay well and safe too!
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much Lili! Have a wonderful holiday!

      Delete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!