""

Monday, December 14, 2020

A Little Christmas Spirit and a Fudge Recipe!

What a couple of weeks it has been. My work has just been crazy and I have desperately been trying to sneak in some Christmas sprit amongst all the bad news out there. So I thought I would share some handmade Christmas items I completed over the years. And it reminded me that I need to do more. 

 The Santa cross stitch pillow is from a hardback Leisure Arts book and it's one of the first cross stitches I ever did when I started stitching. The Santa ornament is a chalkware type ornament that I painted and finished myself. I have one with a green hat too. The resin Santas came unfinished and I painted them by hand and then antiqued and sealed them. I have more of them, but these are some of my favorites. I was on a real resin Santa kick for a while in the 90's. The little stuffed snowman was a project my sister and I came up with. She came over for an afternoon and we made little snowmen-probably about 25 or so years ago actually. Fun memories.



Like I said, just trying to get a little festive. I love twinkle lights inside and we have colored lights around the windows and glass door. When you stand outside and look in, it really looks cozy and warm. I have come to love Swedish star lanterns too. I have two and need to add more to my collection. I keep threatening to move to Northern Sweden to a little red house, and I'll need lots of these when I do.

I only managed a bit of stitching, but here's a little update on Fancey Blackett's Brooms.

The nose on this cauldron cracks me up. I don't know why. I can't wait to finish this up. It's been so fun to work on. 

I managed to squeeze in some other crafty stuff lately. I finished my Journey Blanket Scarf.

And I'm making some wooden bead scandanavian star ornaments. You can grab the tutorial HERE.

These are really fun and neat. I made a promise to myself to make 4-5 handmade ornaments every year from now on. I haven't done that in so long and it's so much fun, and so meaningful. Plus I'll have something special to leave to my kiddos one day!

Oh yeah. Also made some rocky road fudge recently! You can find the recipe HERE. It's so easy and it really makes a nice presentation and it is super tasty and creamy! Seriously, it's only gonna take you about 15 minutes or less to make. 

Doesn't that look yummy??!! And it is! 

Well, that's it for now folks. Now it's ordering, waiting for packages, shopping, etc. Still deciding what to make for Christmas dinner, but it'll only be the 4 of us again, like Thanksgiving. It will be so nice when this pandemic is over and our lives can get back to where they were. I'm thankful we are all still here, but so many people have lost loved ones. It's overwhelming. Today we are at over 300,000 lives lost. 

Be back soon with a Brooms update! Until then,

6 comments:

  1. Love all of your Christmas decor, & that Swedish lantern is so pretty!
    Your scarf turned out pretty.
    thanks for the fudge recipe.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wooden bead star ornaments look fabulous, Tammy! Where did you find the directions for them. Thank you for sharing some of the items you have crafted over the years. I remember the resin craze. I wish I had kept one or two, but I gifted them all. Lovely scarf and you have made good progress on Fancey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin! Shoot! I thought I had linked it,so I'm going to do that now. But you can find it at https://www.bhg.com/christmas/ornaments/diy-wood-bead-snowflake-ornament-281474979802068/. Sorry for leaving that out!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful Christmas deco, the tree look fabulous. Merry Christmas !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lillie! You have a Merry Christmas too!

      Delete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!