""

Saturday, June 13, 2020

Birthdays, Baby Hats, and Stash!

My "baby" turned 24 on June 11th! What a ride it's been, being his parent. A good one, of course! He has gone from a baby to a full grown man, complete with a job with benefits, right before our eyes. It went by too fast, just like my mom said it would. He's wonderful. And his gorgeous girlfriend is wonderful too. I have two wonderful kiddos.


This was the first birthday that he's had without his grandparents in attendance. My mom was very sad to have missed it. Hopefully it won't be like this next year, and we can all be together again for these types of things. She did insist on getting him his favorite cake, Black Tie Mousse Cake from Olive Garden, and he was very happy about that. You know how you know your child is grown up? They ask for money for their birthday so they can pay bills off. Wow, how did this happen so quickly?

I did do some stitching this week, but not even enough to report an update on. I took a bit of a break and did a little tiny newborn crochet hat. No baby to go with the hat though! I just like doing them because they are fun and cute and make me smile. I might try to sell some on etsy later this year though. Keep posted for that!



I have posted the link to this hat before, from Ravelry, but it's no long available to purchase! Just in case you want to keep an eye on it or message the designer, it's called the Jovie Pixie Baby Bonnet and you can see it HERE. I hope she makes it available again. It's super cute and fun to do!

Yep, I did indeed get more stash. Why do I need it? I don't. I actually DO stitch things, so I don't feel too bad, lol. Here we go.....



I was enabled to hunt down and buy the Sunshine and Shadows Sampler, by Brightneedle, by Xstitchmd on Flosstube (youtube). She is so adorable, and she loves quaker stitching and she's a pleasure to watch and listen to. Check her out if you get a chance! There's a bit of a mystery with that pattern. There is a motif that she wasn't (and I'm not) able to figure out what it is!


Anyone have a clue? If I can't figure this one out, I'll replace it with maybe a little quaker motif or something, but dang, my eyes are so bad, I just can't get it!

I hope everyone is doing OK. We are doing good here. Trying to keep spirits up amid all the weirdness that is the pandemic (STILL!). It's hard to fathom doing all this for another year or more. I mean, really. Being outside does help though.

Take care, and I'll be back soon with a hopefully major Flag Folk update. I just need to power through and get it done! Until next time,

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your son, great pics!
    That cake looks sooooo good.
    What a cute little baby hat, & great stash.
    I can't figure out what that is either.
    Maybe looks like the start of a bird, and never finished?
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn! That cake is good! Decadent for sure. OK, we have two votes for a bird of some sort--thanks for looking at it!

      Delete
  2. I'm going to guess that little blurb is a vulture? lol! Great new stash acquisitions! I really like that Summer's Morn sampler. Happy Birthday to your Son...I'm going to have to try that cake some day... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Try the cake! It's really good! We have two votes for a bird of some kind--thank you for trying to figure that out for me! I still have no idea, but I see exactly what you guys are talking about!

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday wishes to your son! That cake looks incredible. I think that circled object is a turkey vulture. The hat you created is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin! OK, vulture it is! Have a great week!

      Delete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!