""

Saturday, December 4, 2021

Wow, where did the Fall go??!

Neglected the old blog for a few months and the time just flew! I really want to do an update now, so I can at least stay on track a bit and catch up. Whew, this fall has been a whirlwind. I don't have any stitching to show. I did a lot of beading earlier this fall, and have been crocheting some amigurumi plants and just working.  

My son and his lovely girl are getting married this coming up weekend, 12/11 !!!  I'm so happy for them! I couldn't have picked a more wonderful woman if I picked her myself! I will fill in more after the wedding, but it's coming up quick and we have little details to worry over.

A recent finish, (TODAY!), is my little Poinsettia. OMG, I cannot even with this face!




I used a combination of a couple different patterns on Etsy. These are SO fun to make and though I hate weaving in ends, I've tried to make it a meditative practice, so thereby possibly enjoying it more. SPOILER ALERT: I don't.

Thanksgiving was nice, with being able to see my nephews. Since their parents divorced, seeing them can be quite tricky. Half the time they are with the other parent, so holidays with them are very sparse anymore. But they are getting older and busier too, and that makes it hard as well. It was good this year.

Halloween was pretty low key.

The actual day of Halloween, we went bridal dress shopping and had a nice lunch out with all the gals involved! Very fun, and I am thankful every day to be included in all these goings on, and thankful I am here to see it all.

We've all been vaccinated and boosted and there's nothing more we can do. The wedding is small, only about 23 people and all but a couple of the children are vaccinated. My mother in law is dealing with cancer and chemo so we have to all be as safe as we can and try to protect our vulnerable people. Wish everyone felt the same. 

I have too much cross stitch I want to do, and not enough time for the remainder of the year I don't think! I may forgo Project Life next year to concentrate more on stitching, but I'll see. I have enjoyed doing it again. Work has been insane the past month or two and I'm feeling burned out on so many things. This is going to be a busy week leading up to Saturday and I want it all to go off without a hitch for them. 

Take care everyone! I hope to update before the end of the year with a couple wedding pics and more crafty updates, but I cannot promise a dang thing. 

Until then,

6 comments:

  1. Hope the wedding goes ok. That poinsettia is just so cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that little Poinsettia on IG, & thought it was so cute!
    Congrats to your son & future DIL.
    I hope you post some pics!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marilyn! I can't stop looking at that sweet funny face, lol. And yes, I will post some pics!

      Delete
  3. Your poinsettia crochet is adorable, Tammy. Best wishes to your son and his bride to be as they approach their wedding day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Robin! We are so so happy for them!

      Delete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!