""

Saturday, July 23, 2022

BBD Union Forever Update!

I really could have had this thing done by now. I've changed fabrics so much, and I'm sticking with this one! The aida seemed to be chewing up the floss too much. The overdyeds aren't as sturdy or thick as DMC, and I have found that I have a bit of trouble with them when working on aida. Maybe it's just me! 

Using a piece of my own dyed Wichelt 32 count linen, one strand of floss over two. The fabric is a mottled gray, and I really like it.


We've had so many changes here in the past month. My kiddos moved out at the end of June and I miss them like crazy. They are still in the neighborhood though, and I do love that!

They went and picked up their long awaited puppy just a couple days after that. His name is Franklin, and he's the smartest, most adorable Corgi pup on the planet. He's only about 10lbs in this pic, but in just two weeks, he's a little over 13lbs! Precious!

My own little Jenny turned SIXTEEN on June 29th! Still doing her thing and bossing us all around.

I've been so preoccupied with all kinds of stuff going on that I haven't gotten ANY new stash lately. So unlike me, lol. I hope that changes soon. There are some super cute things out there I'd love to have, but haven't properly shopped for cross stitch in a long time.

Wishing I could enjoy some of the more traditional aspects of the season, but MYGODTHEHEAT!!!!!!!!!!!! Judging from the maps they are showing on the news every night, I'm assuming whoever is reading this is dealing with some kind of high temps as well. It's so crazy to see roads buckling, fires spontaneously bursting forth and lives in danger by the hundreds of thousands with this heat. It doesn't look like there's any going back either. So we will just have to be dealing with this kind of stuff going forward. This is why I am an Autumn kind of person!

I hope everyone who comes across this blog is doing well, and getting lots of stitching in! I'm going to keep diligently working on Union Forever and try to make a real dent in it over this next week.

See you soon, and until then,

4 comments:

  1. Union is looking pretty.
    Franklin & Jenny are both so very cute!
    Vary hot & humid here.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitch is looking good. Franklin is a cutie. Jenny is precious. Hot and humid in my part of Virginia! I am so over it. Stay cool and keep hydrated, Tammy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin! Yes, VA is awful right now!

      Delete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!