""

Saturday, July 30, 2022

BBD Union Forever Update and new Octopus!

The heat has subsided just a bit here, but it's a welcome relief. There's been lots going on, but I did manage to get the bird started! Rolling along slowly but surely! Again, this is Wichelt, 32 count that I dyed myself and using 1x2 here.


Also met another goal in the midst of all the heat this past week and finished Oliver the Octopus. I'm partial to this one. 

I think he is so cute! And yes, he might only have seven legs. There was a mishap tying one of them on, and I didn't feel like hooking up another one. Super cute nonetheless! You can pick up with sweet pattern HERE. He was pretty easy and I'm sure I'll do another one at some point.

Hopefully everyone is staying cool and drying out after the rains and getting lots of stitching done. I've been doing a pre-Autumn clean out of my office craft stuff and bookshelves. They needed a good dusting for sure. Feels good to take care of some of that kind of stuff. Also cleaned out the hall shoe/coat closet. 

I dont' know what it is about the Autumn season that makes me want to clean out and throw away things. I do look forward to it though. It's kind of a break from the everyday chores and other things happening. Kind of a palate cleanser I guess. It helps me focus on work and my health more too, being able to look around and see everything nice and clean and organized!

Take care of yourselves out there, and see you soon with more stitching!

Until then,

4 comments:

  1. Nice progress!
    Oliver is too cute, that yarn is good for that, so soft.
    We are having new flooring put in, so, cleaning & purging also.
    The heat has gone down some, but still humid.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, that yarn was so yummy to work with, I can't wait to order some more and pick out another project! Good luck with your cleaning-it feels good to get stuff out!

      Delete
  2. Lovely progress on Union Forever, Tammy! Oliver Octopus is adorable. Have a blessed Sunday and wonderful start to August tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's another hot day as you know! Very pretty outside after all that rain yesterday, but humid!

      Delete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!