""

Saturday, September 3, 2022

Framed it myself! ...and a couple updates

I decided a while ago to try and frame something myself from start to finish. Well, almost to finish. I need some paper and double sided tape, so I had Hobby Lobby close up the back, but I did everything else and I'm pretty proud of myself! 

The design is Thistles and Spells by Stacy Nash. It is on my own hand dyed Aida using the called for flosses on 16ct.


I ordered the frame, spacers, foam core and glass from Hobby Lobby and got to work finally. This is one of the things that had been sitting around in a bag just waiting for me to do it for over a year. UGH! But I rolled up my sleeves and did it. I used pins to attach it to the foam core. I have to say, it came out pretty perfect. I took about an hour and a half and readjusted once. I'm hoping I can do it a bit quicker next time around.

Last week, I went in with another piece and ordered a frame and mat and all the rest. As much as I love sending out my stitching for professional finishing at In Stitches, I simply cannot afford to do it. The cost is outrageous (for me anyways). It's always gorgeous, don't get me wrong. But wow. I'm always in sticker shock when I drop something off there.

After I get comfortable enough with Aida, I would like to attempt one of my linen pieces, and I may even try lacing. We'll see!

Here's a teensy update on BBD Union Forever.

That other color on the leaf? It's WDW Bark. I don't have a lot of it, so I stopped after a few stitches and placed an order for more. I didn't want to run out and have it look different later on, which I know it would because this skein is years old. The colors don't stay the same over the years with hand dyed flosses, so I just want it to look consistent. Dang I am a slow one with stitching lately.

It's right about the UN-official start to Autumn, so I splurged on some magazines. I thought about getting the Halloween Ornament issue, but I (gasp!) didn't really see anything that blew my hair back in that issue. Cute stuff for sure, but nothing I just HAD to have this year.

My son and my wonderful daughter in law took us all out for my birthday this year. They are so thoughtful and I love them so much. I don't know what I'd do without either of those kids. I am so lucky and blessed to have them in my life. SO lucky.

Lately I have been really busy getting medical things taken care of. Between that and work, spare time has been slim lately. I am crocheting something up while I wait for my floss to arrive, but not much. As my father in law likes to say "getting mature sucks". LOL. In some respects yes. I just never thought I'd be at the doctor so much! Hey, whatever it takes to get back on track in my life, count me in---I'll do it!

I'm looking forward to the official start of Fall, and until then, I'm going to pretend it is here already. That means, fresh apples, ALL the Bath and Body Works stuff, pumpkin spice lattes (yes, I'm that basic), and continuing to add to my Autumn playlist. Yes, I have playlists for all the seasons. :)

Hopefully my floss order will be in soon and I may have ordered a few stash items too. Somehow that $2.50 skein of floss turned in to $58. Anyhoooo, next time I post it'll hopefully be with that leaf being finished!

Take care and until then,

7 comments:

  1. Your framing turned out great!
    Love that frame.
    I hope your health issue is nothing serious.
    I'm waiting for Pumpkin stuff too. :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marilyn! Not too serious, just need to keep up with what I have to do! I do see a pumpkin spice latte in my near future!

      Delete
  2. Love the frame you picked for your piece, Tammy! Hope the floss shows up soon and it is close to what you have on hand. Enjoy your Labor Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!