""

Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Goings on and Summer Bouquet!

Happy July! Hope everyone is well. Been working on a few things and trying to put some stitches in Summer Bouquet too, when I can! Here she is so far. 


Those bleeding hearts are awesome. I did something I've never done before and tried Anchor spooled floss! The hearts called for DMC 221, so I took it to JoAnn's and eyeballed the closest thing I could find and it was Anchor 0045. Here's a comparison pic for you.

At least for this experiment, I thought the Anchor was more vibrant with a very nice sheen to it. It was also "stiffer" or not as soft as the DMC, which I kind of preferred. It was also not nearly as fuzzy as DMC tends to be anymore. I usually wet and straighten the floss and use Thread Magic conditioner on it to try and cut down the fuzzy halo. 

So there you go. Just my own opinion on this first try of the Anchor. I would definitely use it again and wish I had decided to that with the brown used for the alphabet in this piece. Oh well! Next time!

My sweet kid turned 27 last month. Becoming his mom changed my life so much. I cannot imagine it without him or his wife and all they've brought to my existence. I sure miss them not living here, but I'm so happy they are enjoying life on their own and we see them all the time! 

My little Jenny turned 17 last month too! WOW. She's not as strong or as able as she was as a young 15 year old Jack Russell, but she's aging gracefully and still capable of trying to take down a rabbit (if she sees it of course) and showing up on time every day for breakfast and dinner! It's been 17 years of entertainment with this one!

I've been working on creating this simple little fun pattern of a chick. SO fun and SO cute. You can get the pattern HERE. She has other super cute ones too!

It has been SO hot here. Humidity too for good measure. I have tired of VA summers. And winters. I always love the sky in summer however. I caught a pretty cloud display the other evening.

Can I just please get paid to go around and take pretty pictures? Is that too much to ask? I think not. Oh well.

I hope everyone is getting lots of stitching time in and life is treating you well. I'll be back again soon with more updates and hopefully a near or full finish of Summer Bouquet. 

Take care!

4 comments:

  1. Loving that stitch! It's so pretty on that fabric.
    I have yet to try Anchor, the JoAnn's here doesn't carry it. :(
    Happy Birthday to your son, & Jenny is too darn cute!
    That little chicken is cute too, & looks so soft.
    We finally had some rain here, after a 2 month drought.
    It rained all day on Wednesday.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn! Some cooling rain would be welcome right now!

      Delete
  2. Summer Bouquet is looking fantastic, Tammy. I like the Anchor red you used for the bleeding hearts. Have you used Anchor thread before (the skeins not the spools)? Happy birthday to your son and to your precious pup, Jenny. Your sky picture is a beauty. They are saying more hot and steamy conditions this week. UGH! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin! I hadn't used Anchor before at all. It is SO oppressively hot! Temps in the 80's would be nice!

      Delete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!