""

Sunday, August 11, 2024

Sisters of the Broom progress!

Making progress on my late summer stitch, Sisters of the Broom. I am really enjoying it! This is my first time stitching a Quaker type design, but I like it so far! Of course, I'm always up for anything witchy or fall themed. 



I like the colors I substituted, but I'll need to find a flesh color for the sisters because the gold isn't going to cut it. Shouldn't be a problem though! 

This past week was a bit scary in the weather department. We had several tornado warnings on Thursday and a neighborhood about 1.5 miles from us was definitely hit by a tornado. They had tons of trees down and about 30 homes were heavily damaged. When the storms left it took a big bulk of the humidity which was wonderful, and I'm hoping we're all done with the 100+ degree weather.

I got the most amazing cloud photo as one of the storms were leaving one day.

There's absolutely NO filter on that pic! It was just incredibly beautiful to see.

Don't know about you guys, but as always this time of year, I am looking so forward to the cooler days and nights that are coming soon. As much as I enjoy the changing of all the seasons, I relish the Autumn time so much.

I hope everyone is well and getting lots of stitchy projects done. I'll be back soon with more to share on my current stitch!

4 comments:

  1. Brooms is looking great.
    That's an awesome picture.
    We are having cooler temps here in WI the last few days.
    Unusual, because we normally have our hot season in August.
    I'm so ready for Fall, I just might put some Fall decorations out this week! :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I want to start decorating for fall too! July was just awful with the heat here. I'm glad it's cooling down where you are!

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous cloud picture you captured, Tammy! Your stitch is looking good. I was wondering if you were in the tornado warning area. I was attending a retreat in Crystal City and saw that on the news. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's good you missed the tornado fiasco around here! You have a great week too!

      Delete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!