""

Monday, April 8, 2019

VENT ahead, so beware!

Well, I'm not happy. First of all, my mom saw the project. Do not give your phone to your mother and tell her to just "keep swiping" to view some pics from the weekend. Just a tip for all you kids out there. UGH!


Secondly, the stitch count on my project, La D Da's Spring Hare, was off somehow. It took me forever for figure out where it is, (I'm missing some rows on the right side at the back of his coat) and I'm so mad! I will most likely abandon the project and start over. (Wow, does that sound familiar or WHAT?!)

Thirdly, how was I supposed to end up with the beautiful color variations on the alphabet, shown here in the model:


....with THIS floss?

Indoor pic
Outdoor pic
I don't exactly have a LNS close to me, so I just ordered this online, and the entire thing looks like it's the same all over. I know that some overdyeds are more pronounced, but this doesn't look anything at all like the model. I found another example online where someone used Bramble instead of Sable, and her results were great. I wish I'd found that sooner!

This is not my stitchy week. I think I'll try and take a crochet break for a couple days and come back to it. Maybe I'll just eyeball some floss at The Salty Yarn, when we go on vacation, and come back with something more suitable and it'll be a birthday gift instead of a Mom's Day gift. Until next time,

4 comments:

  1. Sorry your stitches are off, I hate that when that happens!!
    Sorry your Mom saw it too.
    That floss is NOTHING like the pic!
    the pic is more darker, and brown.
    I guess I would start over too.
    It almost looks like the floss is mis-labeled.
    Classic Colorworks has some nice variegated browns.
    Wishing you luck on your new start.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn--I'll check out Classic Colorworks! I appreciate that!

      Delete
  2. I bet your skein is a newer dye lot version of the sable. I have some older skeins if you want them. Email at rlbrowninva at gmail dot com if you want them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so sweet Robin-thank you. I will let you know!

      Delete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!