""

Monday, April 22, 2019

Getting there with Spring Hare

I forged ahead with Spring Hare and let cooler heads prevail. I did not trash him and instead, did my due diligence and found the exact place the error occurred (yay me!), frogged it out and re-stitched him! Everything is great now, and he's looking very dapper thus far.


Don't know what I'll do with his flower bouquet just yet. Maybe stitch it in another color, as I have seen some others do. And I am going to order the Classic Colorworks Bramble Bush for the letters on this. It's really a wonderful variegated brown/caramel color that I think will do great.

And because I don't want to pay shipping on one skein of floss, I was thinking about getting this, from Needlework Press.


OMGoodness. I am not normally a "sampler gal". I know there are many of you out there, and I love them, but don't usually stitch them. Some of them seem too fussy or too old timey, but this one just speaks to me! I've seen some photos of stitches in progress, and it is just gorgeous!!!  So, just maybe....

I was looking through some old photos to find a specific one of my sister and I on Easter, many moons ago and I came across a wonderful photo of Jim, my stepfather, that I hadn't see for many years. I didn't remember it at all. It was as if he was telling me "Hi there Tam!", which he actually WAS doing when I took the pic way back in 2006 or so. I felt fortunate to find it and it helped me to be present and enjoy the day ahead, regardless of all the changes that have taken place. It's what he would have done, after all.


Easter weather here was gorgeous and mild. A perfect Spring day, really! Had a nice time with family and made it back with 5 minutes to spare to get ready for Game of Thrones. I can't believe there are only four episodes left.  It's been one of my favorite series I've ever watched. If you've not seen it, I highly recommend!

Until next time,

5 comments:

  1. Mr, Bunny is looking good.
    That's a beautiful Sampler, I've seen it a lot on blogs lately.
    I think Carol, Salt Box Stitcher showed it on 1of her Flosstube videos.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked out Salt Box Stitcher-yes, it's gorgeous!Thx Marilyn!

      Delete
    2. I love her Floss Tube videos, she's so down to earth.
      She has some wonderful stitching & quilting.
      I think you are enabling me! :)
      Marilyn

      Delete
  2. Your Spring Hare is looking good. I have seen some stitchers give him a 'colored' bouquet (pinks or corals, or lavender). I think you will be happy with the Bramble Bush thread. What a wonderful photo and memory of Jim you shared! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!