""

Thursday, May 16, 2019

A few more letters on Spring Hare and some crochet!

I managed to do a few more letters on Spring Hare by La D Da. This is a fun stitch. And I'm loving the original floss color on the letters! I have a couple stitches that I need to complete that for some reason I left out. But he's coming along nicely.


I saw one of these done in all overdyed pinks for a little girl's nursery (I think!). It was precious. So many possibilities with this design.

Been doing a bit of crochet lately. I finished up another baby hat that I did just as a lark, because I wanted to learn the stitch. This was FUN to do! You can find the Ravelry pattern HERE.

The Jovie Pixie Bonnet




I have no babies to do these little things for. I just like doing them because they are so little and cute!

Been working on a crochet mandala for my mom for Mother's Day. Missed the cutoff, but she is a lovely and understanding woman, and I also made her oatmeal raisin cookies, so all was well. This pattern is also on Ravelry, you can find it HERE:

The Meghan Mandala


I have started walking again for physical and mental health. Two years ago, when things were very stressful in our extended family, I started putting on weight. I had lost 80 lbs in about a year and a half between 2015 and 2016, but in summer of 2017 it all went to hell slowly. Well, I'm committed to getting back to where I was by year's end.

I used to walk at a park near our home, and since we've moved, I haven't made it back. But I did this week. Normally I've been walking around our neighborhood, but I made a special trip back to the serenity of the park and gosh, how I have missed all the smells and sounds of the land and forest.


It's just serene and peaceful, the whole place. Part of the trail is a really nice cushioned rubber mulch path and it feels so nice to walk on.

I hope everyone had a lovely Mother's Day. I'm thankful to have my mother. She's always so supportive of everything I want to accomplish and do. I hope she feels the same about me. I try!

My son's girlfriend, Tiara, and I, collect Rae Dunn pottery. Do you know if it? Well, it's addicting. Apparently, the little birdhouses are tough to get and she and my son got me one! OMG, I love it so much! They are very sweet to me and having them in my life is one of my greatest joys. How cute is this??

Rae Dunn Birdhouse



Back very soon with a pre-vacation stitchy post! Until then,

4 comments:

  1. Your Rae Dunn birdhouse is just darling. What a lovely place to be able to walk in! Your stitch looks good as does your crochet work. Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin! You have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  2. Mr. Bunny is looking great!
    The baby bonnet & Mandala are both so pretty.
    Cute Birdhouse, simple & cute.
    Have a great weekend!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!