""

Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Pre-Vacation Project and Fabric Dyeing!

I finally figured out what to take on vacation with me. I chose Hurrah, by Pineberry Lane. I had gotten this last year I think, and had all the floss, but never ordered or picked up the fabric.

SOOOOOO, I did a little experiment and dyed my own fabric, and I called this one Stormy Sterling. Viola! Here is the beautiful fruit of my labor!


This turned out SO much better than I had anticipated. That dark shadow at the bottom is just that--a dark shadow. The shades are uniform throughout and I'm so pleased. Here is the project all together.


I'm going to stitch the "white"version that is on the front of the chart, as pictured. There is a blue and gray option on the back, which is also lovely, but I wanted that white dress and the pop of red. Something just simple and small enough to start and enjoy. I love having something every year that I begin on vacation. It's a nice tradition for me.....well, along with new stash I pick up along the way.

I think that's it for now. Time to get my checklist out and do the final push for vacation planning. We leave in less than 48 hours and the majority of packing gets done the day before.

Enjoy your upcoming weekend and week and have fun with Maynia, if you are participating!
 

4 comments:

  1. Your fabric turned out awesome!
    It's perfect for that great design.
    Have fun stitching it, and have a fun, safe trip.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marilyn! I'm looking forward to stitching this and seeing how it all comes together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fabric dyeing efforts turned out fabulous. Love the color you created! I like your tradition about starting and working on a piece while on vacation. Enjoy your time away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin! We go to OC MD every year--but I really look forward to the stitching aspect of it, lol!

      Delete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!