""

Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Quick update on Spring Hare

Just a quick update on Spring Hare with the alphabet stitched in the OLD version of Sable #110, that I was lucky to find in a design I had kitted up long ago!


It's really looking nice! I'm happy at this point. By the way, I did forward photos and an explanation to the floss company via facebook. A very nice man responded and said they had changed dye companies etc. over time and that " With that kind of changes there is a reasonable expectation that there might be some differences."

Probably not the response I would have given, but I'll leave it there.

Anyways, as I said before, that is a definite problem when purchasing hand dyed floss. If you can't get to stitching the pattern right away, and you want to use the dyed floss, you best get all of it you can, because there's no going back!

Until next time,

6 comments:

  1. I really like that bit of pink in the flowers. Glad you were able to find a Sable in your stash. At least you received a response from them. Happy May!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin! I like the pop of pink too!

      Delete
  2. Oh, Spring Hare is looking great!!
    Glad you found a floss that makes you happy to finish it.
    Naw, not buyin' it! LOL
    How can you go from a LOT of variegation to none?
    It wasn't even close!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Marilyn! I could have said a lot more, but I was trying to be good, lol!

      Delete
  3. Besides, I thought they dyed the threads themselves.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!