""

Monday, July 8, 2019

New Project Picked Out and Fabric Dyeing !

After shopping in my stash, I decided upon Thistles and Spells by Stacy Nash. It shows it as a pinkeep, but I'll be framing this one when I'm done. I had purchased some fabric for this, a linen, but it was 28 count, and I wanted something smaller. I've really begun to enjoy a smaller count and only using one strand of floss. I had only ever stitched on either 14 count or 28 count, unless it was a kit or something. You'd think that with my eyesight going the way it is, I would opt for larger count, but I really, really, like stitching with one strand.



I dyed my own 16 ct. aida again! It was originally a piece of oatmeal, and I overdyed it with some light brown. While I loved the color, it wasn't going to let that apple cider (gold) floss pop off the fabric. So I mixed up some gray and overdyed it again and it's really beautiful! I think I was a little too pleased with myself, lol.

If you haven't tried dyeing your own fabric, linen or aida, please consider it. If you get a piece of cheap aida and you ruin it totally, you haven't lost much money at all, and it'll give you so much confidence to try it again, I promise! This is probably the fifth or sixth piece I've done and it is such a fun thing, and you get something that is truly your own! If you want to try it and have any questions, please just reply and I will get back to you with whatever advice I can!

Until next time,

4 comments:

  1. Great choice!
    Love your fabric, it turned out really nice.
    Can't wait to see your progress.
    I have the itch to stitch something Fall also, I was shopping in my stash yesterday, haven't found the right one yet! Maybe today though.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's coming out nicely so far. I should have gone with something summery or patriotic, but I couldn't help myself!

      Delete
  2. Your piece of fabric turned out lovely. What a fun new project you have selected!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Robin! It's starting out nicely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!