""

Friday, July 26, 2019

Thistles and Spells, on to the border!

I can't believe how quickly I've moved on this one! I think it's looking good, and I'm officially beginning the border today.


Now, I've changed her dress to be straight all the way down. I loved the design, but I was never keen on the bubble butt this little witch had. So I just took the dress all the way down instead of big around the hips and skinny around the legs. I think it really looks good.

Work has been so busy this week. And life has been busy too! My son started a new job with his company (HUGE promotion!). His girlfriend, Tiara, had her young siblings staying with us this week for a vacation visit and I think they had fun. She took them to all kinds of great places like a bounce house, a jumping center and the movies. They are too cute. 

It's been a bit much for my little Jenny, lol.


I've also been intermittently working on a ripple crochet scarf in some pretty colors. This was an early pic, as I've gotten lots more done on it by now. I love these yummy fall colors. You can find the free pattern HERE.


And a shout out to one of my visitors, Joanne. She read my post from the Woodlawn needlework show, and send me a magazine that had one of the patterns I NEEDED to find (I had no idea what it was or where it came from!). She had some eagle eyes and was so kind to send it to me. I tell you, cross stitch friends are the best, aren't they? Very kind and sweet of her.

I hope everyone has a great weekend, and gets lots of stitching done. I'll try to work on this border and then I have a new project brewing, so I need to get working on it soon! Until then,

6 comments:

  1. Spells is looking good, her dress looks nice.
    Gotta love those ripple designs!
    Little Jenny is too cute. :)
    Have a great weekend!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adore those black pumpkins in your stitching !
    Scarf is perfect for Autumn 🍂
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ripple scarf is looking good. I like the way you fixed her skirt/dress. You are making good progress on your stitch. Your Jenny is a cutie. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!