""

Saturday, July 13, 2019

Thistles & Spells Progress!

So happy with my new start! The fabric is so pretty and the pattern is so fun to work up.



 Made an eye appointment for a little over a week from now. I'm a bit nervous about what he'll say. My left eye is getting worse all the time. I'm sure my cataracts are no better than three years ago, lol. He said I had five to eight years of good sight left before I'd have to have something done, but I'm feeling like I'm on the shorter end of that estimate. I'll be stitching till I can't stitch no more!

It's hot as literal hell here. My goodness. I would love to be sitting outside to stitch at some point, but dang, there is no relief in sight for at least 10 days or more! Stay hydrated if you are in VA. Whew.

So, is blogging dead? Do people like the flosstube thing better nowadays? Give me opinions! I like the flosstube videos too, but I just don't have that amount of time to devote to watching. I suppose I could listen while I work--however, looking at all the goodies is what it's all about and some people have videos that are an hour or more, regularly!

Have a good weekend, and 'till next time,

4 comments:

  1. You are off to a super start on your new project! I hope your eye appointment goes well for you. I know many have moved to Facebook, Instagram, and Floss Tube although some are returning to their blogs. I am not a big fan of Floss Tube (especially when they aren't closed captioned) -- I find them too long and because I need to read the captions, I can't do other things like stitch while viewing.

    It is hotter than the blazes here in my part of VA as well. Stay cool and keep hydrated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Robin! I find facebook too impersonal, and even moreso with instagram! I love looking on instagram, and I do post on there with cross stitch sometimes, but I like being able to share more on my blog. I can't see giving up my blogging any time soon. Thx for the input!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start, your fabric is awesome.
    I like to read blogs, even though I don't have one.
    A watch a few Flosstubes, very few.
    Most of them are just too long for me, and they tend to get boring after awhile. If they're an hour long, I tend to turn them off.
    I like Nicole's Needlework a lot.
    She shows a lot of projects, stitching & knitting in a small amount of time. Her stitching is beautiful.
    Instagram is ok, but more for pics, I think.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Marilyn! I really appreciate your thoughts. I've been wondering if I should attempt more, but as it is, I'm lucky I can keep up with just a couple social media platforms and this blog. And I do enjoy my blogging. You have a great week as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!