""

Sunday, September 15, 2019

Flag Folk progress and update

This is about the third time I've started since I last posted! I didn't like how it was turning out on the murky fabric. I love the fabric, but wasn't feeling it. I then dyed some 18 count aida-came out beautifully, but didn't like that either. I finally got some 16 count aida and dyed it and I'm continuing no matter what this time!



I am pleased with my fabric color. Started out white and I used a pale brown and denim blue on it. The colors are showing up nicely. I have to say, I'm not thrilled with the way the WDW floss lays. I'm only using one strand too! You wouldn't think I'd worry about it. But here we are.  I enjoy the GAST much more. These flosses feel a bit dry and fuzz up more than some others. The colors are nice however! I do love the colors.  I can't really pinpoint it, but I think my quest for the perfect floss is going to be never ending. My favorite all time floss to work with has been Silk N Colors.

The colors are coming into the trees, even though it's still hot. I truly cannot wait for the fall weather. I enjoy summer, but the humidity is god awful this year it seems!

Be back soon with hopefully more stitching!  Until then,

4 comments:

  1. Nice start, it's looking good on that fabric.
    I can see why you changed your fabric.
    Murky is soooooo different whenever you buy it, it varies so much. Sometimes it's more brown, sometimes more greenish, etc. You really have to find the right combination of colors for what you are stitching. No sense stressing out stitching because of your fabric! Have fun stitching this one.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fabric you dyed looks fabulous. Not sure if you are using older or newer skeins of the Weeks, but I wasn't a fan of Weeks for years. It seems to have gotten nicer in feel since they switched over to whatever they are using to make the "colorfast". Flag Folk is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea how old they are--but maybe if I get them somewhere that has lots of traffic, they might be newer next time. Thx for your comment on the fabric-I am truly enjoying doing that for myself!

      Delete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!