""

Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Oh the Miles! now framed and ready to go!

My framing disappointment is replaced with joy! I took the advice of a nice lady on the Prim Stitcher's Society facebook group and used a piece of cotton batting under my fabric to smooth everything out and make it look nice. Prior to that, no matter how I tried, the puckering wouldn't subside. My hand still hurts from doing all the pinning, but it was worth it! (oh, what LOOKS like puckers are actually those darn shadows and reflections--believe me, it's all smooth!)

Viola!



This was only my second attempt at pinning my own piece and making it work. I think I did OK! It helped my confidence to do this, and I'll be trying it again on the next thing I have framed, whatever that is!

I hope everyone is having a great stitchy week! I can say that with this off my "to do" list, I am feeling much better. Now I have to just finish that little crochet lamby I'm working on, and my kitchen table is mine again.

Until next time,

10 comments:

  1. Oh the Miles looks great now, you did a good job.
    I may try that, I have a stitched piece that no matter what I try, I can't seem to get a crease out of the middle, maybe batting will take care of that.
    We are having nice Fall weather here, got some fun Pumpkins yesterday! Woo-Hoo!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, try the batting! I got the 100% cotton unbleached at Hobby Lobby--I've seen it at JoAnn's too! It really does make a difference, and I bet that crease will disappear!

      Delete
    2. Took it apart again & tried everything from water, starch, freezing, etc.
      Just won't go away.
      And it's right down the middle!
      I'll try the batting.
      Marilyn

      Delete
    3. Let me know if it helps Marilyn!

      Delete
  2. Oh the Miles looks fabulous, Tammy. Well done! A layer of padding makes the world of difference when framing without glass. Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This batting is pretty thin and it is under glass--but yes, it sure does. It just smooths everything out and gives it such a nice appearance!

      Delete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!