""

Friday, February 14, 2020

Pretty crochet heart finish!

That pattern did NOT best me! I worked and worked and found that trying to do it all in just one color was the problem for me, at least initially. I made one for all the important ladies in my life, but forgot to snap a pic of the one I made for my mom, which was white and teal colors. So pretty!





Once you get going, it doesn't take long at all! I made several in quick succession.

My husband surprised me this morning with several items from my Amazon wish list. Among them, was a Scotch tape gun, and a point gun for framing! I ordered a frame recently from Hobby Lobby with the intention of doing everything myself. So we will see how that goes! Practice makes perfect I think and I hate to give up on something (even though I do it sometimes, lol).

I'll be sure to show my results and process on that. I'm never quite satisfied with what I get back from a framer. However, I never had a problem with the results from In Stitches, in Alexandria VA. They do a lovely job. But wow, is it expensive. Fantastic quality however.

I'm working on Christmastide this weekend, so hopefully have a good progress update soon!


I hope everyone has a lovely Valentine's Day!

6 comments:

  1. OMG! Your hearts are so, so pretty.
    Love the different colorways.
    Congrats on sticking with it, they're beautiful.
    Have a great weekend!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn! I appreciate that-especially after all my frustration, lol!

      Delete
  2. Your crocheted hearts are lovely 💕
    I think I need a scotch tape gun!
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Those are the ones they use to frame at Hobby Lobby! Thanks for the compliment Rose!

      Delete
  3. Your crocheted hearts look fabulous. Well done and good for you on sticking with it! Off to check out the Scotch Tape gun as I have never heard of it. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!