""

Sunday, July 11, 2021

Blackbird Designs and Fancey makes an appearance!

The stitching world had a great loss last week. Barb Adams, one half of the Blackbird Designs team, passed away at the age of 69. Far too early in my book. Apparently she'd recently been dealing with esophageal cancer. I'm so sorry for her passing. I never had the pleasure to meet Barb, but was a fan of Blackbird Designs ever since they made an appearance in the stitching and quilting world. One of my most favorite BBD pieces is With My Needle. I finished this WAY back in 2009, and enjoyed every single stitch. This design was one of the first Loose Feathers designs, and I adore it.

I have collected and amassed a good deal of their designs over the past 23 years. I sold off Summer Offerings, a blackbird surrounded by an oval berry border, some time ago, and I've always been sorry about that. Been looking for it ever since! Aside from her friends and family, the cross stitching world as a whole will miss this talented lady. I will, for sure.

Worked on Shoo! a bit this week, and Fancey is taking shape!

This has been a fun stitch too. I have to get some feet and beaks on those little crows in the sunflower plant though!

Now for some stash I bought last month while on vacation.



I scooped up some fabric too, soft aida as well as linen. Don't have any projects in mind for them, but they'll be there when I need them, right??!!

BIG pandemic news: We went to the movies for the first time in nearly 2 years!! We saw F9 Fast and Furious. It was super entertaining and we loved it. What a great thing to get back to. We sure did miss it!

I hope everyone is well and life is returning a bit more to normal wherever you may be. Get your vaccine and get back out there! It's great! 

Until next time,

4 comments:

  1. Barb's passing was a shock to all.
    You found some great stash.
    Fancey is looking good!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome stash additions! It is truly wonderful to be returning to a level of normal! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS!!! Thanks so much! Have a great week!

      Delete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!