""

Sunday, February 19, 2023

Terrible Pics and 30 Year Old Floss!

Like I said, who is ready for some terrible photos and old floss??!   <raises hand> Me! Me! Me!

Been a while for an update so here it goes.

I need a quickie, lol. So I'm going to start with this sweet pattern by TuskandCardinal on Etsy. If you've not been in her shop, go NOW. I'll wait.

Terrible pic 1 - yep, it's straight off my computer. How sweet is that little black bunny with his red eye?? I was missing ONE floss for this sweetie and went to Michael's today and they had it. I bought a bunch of other floss too and guess which one didn't make it home? It must have fallen out of my cart on the way to the register. Drats.

Terrible pic 2, above. Doing this sweet little design on good old 14 ct. Fiddler's by DMC. Believe me the fabric is not ombre. I took it outside and the sun must have distorted the colors. As promised, those flosses are about 25-30 years old. I have normally been replacing my flosses when I start a new design and putting them on all matching plastic bobbins, but I just wanted to hurry and get started with this one, so I put it off.

I am following up this little quickie design with this one, which I have so long admired by Cedar Hill. Gosh I absolutely loved their designs. They make me feel so nostalgic for what was going on in my life when they released all their floral beauties. I still need to collect a few I am missing. When I find them in my stash unloading groups, I try to snap them up as I can.

Terrible pic 3, here we come!

It's unseasonable warm this week and Feb has been so fickle here in VA. Forty some degrees one day, then we're expecting a high of 80 in just a few days! I hope it all evens out soon.

I've not done any Project Life this year, and need to catch up on the last half of the year for last year's book. When my kiddos moved out, the steam went out of it for me for a while. I'll get it back hopefully.

Hopefully, everyone reading this is having a lovely Fool's Spring with it's warmer than usual weather and enjoying lots of stitching. 

Be back soon with more stitching and babble! Until then,

 

5 comments:

  1. Black Rabbit is too cute.
    I still bobbinate my floss also, takes up less space, & I've never had a problem with it kinking when stitched.
    That Cedar Hill is gorgeous!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always used bobbins here too. Keep them in the plastic boxes as well. I'm old school that way!

      Delete
    2. I have mine in a Matchbox case.
      Old school is ok. :)
      Marilyn

      Delete
  2. Super choices especially the Cedar Hill one for your next projects, Tammy! I am not looking forward to seeing that 80 later this week. I want winter and I want it now. LOL Have a good week, Tammy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Robin! Today is weirdly hot! I don't think we're gonna have much of a winter here in VA this year. You have a great week too!

      Delete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!