""

Monday, March 13, 2023

Cedar Hill Update, Woodlawn, VMFA

Making good progress on my Summer Bouquet. It's been enjoyable so far, but I can tell you this: I have stitched with DMC 610 enough times to say it's my least favorite color to work with. It doesn't like to lay right. It's like it's twisted too much or shreds too much or something. I hate it! LOL


I'm working from right to left on this one because it's so long horizontally, and I don't want to risk dragging my hands and needle over the front and back while working on the far side. Going good so far!

My mom and I made it to Woodlawn last week and the exhibit was really nice! The weather was really pretty and we had a great time. We hit up In Stitches, where I did not buy even one new pattern. Unbelievable, right? Especially right after market when all the new stuff was in! I did however, get two pieces of new fabric. I got some PTP aida in Ancient and Ale. I got the ale because I wasn't sure I was going to keep stitching Summer Bouquet on linen but I am going to after all.

I've always wanted to do something on Ancient! Also picked up the Whisky I needed and mom was able to get a floss she needed too for something she has in mind.





Just a few things that struck my fancy while we were there. So much talent to view. I loved all the needlework quotes on the walls they had some years back, but they took all of it away. It really added to the space I thought!

Then my son and I went to the VA Museum of Fine Arts and wandered around before having a really nice lunch. A couple of things I could hardly stop looking at...



Just so beautiful! We had such a nice time. Then I got to spend a nice afternoon with my daughter in law having lunch and chatting. I took a couple days off from work to do these things and it was wonderful. I needed it and I loved connecting with all the people I love so much.

I will leave you here so I can go and stitch some more! I hope you are doing the same or at least enjoying yourselves in some way. 

See you soon with more updates!

4 comments:

  1. Have you tried a different skein of the floss?
    The Needlework is all amazing.
    The piece that caught my eye is that couple!
    Is it all crewel work?
    I used to do a lot of that.
    Sounds like you had some nice days off. :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! That embroidery/crewel work is so amazing. I couldn't believe it. So much work and just gorgeous. I've gone through so much 610! I have a phobia of this color, lol. Pineberry lane used a lot of this on one design I did. Maybe it's just the processing, who knows. Maybe it's user error too! LOL! I've been pondering if using Sulky is better?

      Delete
  2. Your outings to Woodlawn and VMFA sounded and looked awesome. Glad you were able to enjoy the time with your Mom and your kids, Tammy! Summer Bouquet is looking good. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin! It was great. You have a lovely week too!

      Delete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!