""

Sunday, March 19, 2023

Cedar Hill and Tiny Mouse

Been a rough, busy week here! In spite of it all, I managed to work on my Cedar Hill Summer Bouquet. 


I think she's turning out lovely. I am trying to let go of my perfectionist nature a bit. Perfection is the enemy of good. And perfection is the enemy of DONE. I still waver between my idea of perfection and good enough for me. In between is OK!

For instance, the directions on the piece said that doing one stitch at a time is the ONLY way to achieve the desired effect on the black eyed susans. Well I really loathe doing "xxxx", and much prefer "////", then making the full cross stitch on the way back to the left. And as you can see, they turned out lovely with really nice variegation! Good enough for me!

I started crocheting a little tiny mouse and have the head done. And seriously, her face just melts me! I won't be able to work on the rest of her for a bit, but she's going to be precious!

Let's see...my little granddog, Franklin, got neutered last week and boy oh boy, was he pitiful. Then at about 4am Friday morning, my father in law had to go to the hospital by ambulance with some breathing and heart issues. He soldiered on through, but needs some medication changed up and he should be good to go with maintenance of course! He will be 88 in June, and I think he's done quite well, especially after losing his wife last year. 

I hope everyone reading this is doing well! I'll be back soon with more updates!

Take care and get lots of stitching in!

2 comments:

  1. The Cedar Hill is looking pretty.
    You have to do what you like, there are no rules!
    Oooo, that little mouse is sooooo cute.
    I hope Franklin feels better soon.
    Prayers for your FIL.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer Bouquet is looking great and I bet you are thrilled to be stitching with other colors. I almost always stitch /// then \\\ versus crossing each as I go. I prefer subtle versus stripey. The mouse start is so adorable. Praying for your FIL and his health. Happy Spring, Tammy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!