""

Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Black Bunny is Done and New Start!

Black Bunny is done! Such a fun stitch and really pretty gothic type design and colors. Work was busy last week so it took me a bit longer than I anticipated. Quick stitch! 

Did this on 14 ct. Fiddler's Aida with all called for DMC flosses. I signed it with a light color floss from the design so it didn't take away anything.



OK, now I am so excited to start my next project. I've wanted to do this one for years. I have collected a few other of the Cedar Hill "bouquet" or floral projects. They are so pretty. That is one of the designers I really miss so much. This one is Summer Bouquet. I'm stitching it on 28 ct. Picture This Plus "Ale" linen. I think it'll look fabulous on that. 

This one uses all DMC save for one, which is for the Black Eyed Susans on the right of the design. That one uses WDW "Whiskey" which I hope I can find in a couple days when I go to the Woodlawn Exhibit. Mom and I always pop in to In Stitches, so I really hope they have it. I have plenty of time to order if they don't though.

The last two days have been beautiful here. I relish seeing the sun and blue sky after so much gloominess and drizzly rain. I hope wherever you are the weather is good and all is well. 

Take care of yourselves and make some time to stitch or do whatever soothes your soul. See you soon with an update on Summer Bouquet!

 

6 comments:

  1. Black Bunny is too cute.
    The Cedar Hill is going to be gorgeous with those colors.
    They had some beautiful designs.
    I miss a lot of the past designers, don't you?
    The weather here is back & forth.
    We haven't had a lot of snow at once, just small amount. Just by the time it melts, we have more. The temps are warm 1 day, cold the next.
    The birds are confused, as a lot came back early.
    I'm wishing for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Marilyn! Yes, I miss so many of the older designers so much! The weather is sure giving us fits lately! I hope yours evens out soon. Spring is right around the corner!

      Delete
  2. Your bunny finish is darling, Tammy. I am looking forward to seeing your start and progress on the Cedar Hill chart. What lovely colors and I think it will look awesome on the Ale linen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Robin! I think it'll look good too! I'm excited to start this one!

      Delete
  3. Black Bunny is charming. Job well done

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!