""

Saturday, June 29, 2024

It's been a rough few months.

I don't want to make this post. I have avoided it for four months. She'd have been 18 today. For some insane reason, I thought this pup would live forever. Not to be. To say my life has changed is an extreme understatement. Extreme. I had this pup for nearly 1/3 of my ENTIRE LIFE. That's a long time. We've owned seven pups over 35 years and I have loved them all. This was my heart and soul dog. And now she's gone. And I am devastated. I don't have a big enough or good enough word to say how much we love and miss her.

She was there for me through the loss of almost all my other pups. I've been at my current job for 17 years. I've never worked this job without her watching over me. Life just kind of sucks right now in this moment. She was a beautiful, fun, spunky, little spirited pup. She weighed all of 11 lbs and the hole in my life is enough to drive a tractor trailer through. Funny how that happens. 

Jenny Lynn. Also known as Boo Boo, Jenny Penny, Little Sweet, Lil' Sweet, Baby Girl, Boogie, Boogalicious, Jenny Girl, Sweet Monkey, and a host of other intermittent sweetie names. Couldn't say a word, but was a great communicator. It was the consensus early on that she was the most hilarious dog we've ever had. So funny. Had a real sense of humor. Fantastic guard dog, and I never felt safer than when she was sleeping next to me.

Jenny Lynn 

6/29/06 - 2/28/24


The above graphic is a true representation! Small of stature, huge of spirit and tenacity. The best. 

I promise I'll be back soon, in a few days, with some needlework updates. A few stitches here and there and something new. Been trying like mad to keep my mind and my hands busy. It's been really rough.

The heat here in VA is going up and up. Last week was brutal. I guess mild summers won't be seen here anymore and I miss them. Stay cool, take it easy and have a good upcoming holiday. I'll be back! Promise.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Tammy.
    ((((((HUGS))))))
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn--that is much appreciated. <3

      Delete
  2. Oh Tammy, I am sorry to read about your precious Jenny Lynn's passing. They give so much to us over the course of their lives. Treasure the memories. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin-yes, many many happy memories of course!

      Delete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!