""

Sunday, July 14, 2024

Pineberry Lane All Good Witches and Updates

I'm calling both of these done. Good Witches only needs the centers of the diamonds on the dresses filled in. Otherwise it's done. It was very hard for me to work on this or even want to keep it, quite honestly. I started it when Jenny was alive, and I have a difficult time finishing projects that are ongoing when something bad happens. Anyone else have this issue? 

Regardless, I did manage to derive some enjoyment from putting in some stitches recently. Even more so when I found a few stray hairs in this piece. They will definitely make it in to the framed piece when the time comes. This is one that I can say I'm just glad it's done and I'll be happy to move on to my next project.


Little Jenny hair

Looks like the VA heat is going to be awful and oppressive this week again. I'm telling you, I really feel for all the little (and big!) animals out there. Just seems to be no break.

I have been wanting to learn to embroider forever. I decided to give it a go a couple weeks ago and bought a little tiny pattern on Etsy. I think I enlarged it too much because I definitely have way more embroidering going on here than the designer had! But I'm learning, so I'm not going to be too hard on myself for now. I can definitely see doing more of this in the future.

I'll try to finish this one up this week. Work has been abysmally slow. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy that, but I have to try to make up the time somehow and that gets a bit tiresome. No pleasing me apparently! LOL.

I need to stitch, crochet, embroider and sew more. It takes me out of my life somewhat and gives my brain something to focus on and concentrate on, and aside from all the beautiful things we make, isn't that why we do it anyway? I think it is. It's like a form of meditation with needle and floss or thread.

I made these earlier in the spring when I really need a break from my thoughts. I think they turned out pretty good!

I also crocheted this for myself after making one for my sweet daughter in law. I love this thing so much.

I have more to catch up on, but I'll leave that for next time! I sincerely hope everyone who comes across this blog is well, and enjoying life, and getting lots of stitching done. Be back soon with a new stitch and more updates! Take care everyone.

7 comments:

  1. Witches turned out nice.
    Your embroidery is so pretty.
    Great prim stuffies!
    Oh, I need to make that Turtle, I love Turtles!
    So sorry to hear about Jenny, may she RIP.
    Take care.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Marilyn! Appreciate your comments so much! The turtle is soooo easy! It's on Etsy from Allfromjade shop. It's a bundle with a ton of different options. So cute.

      Delete
    2. OMG! I need to order some of those patterns, thanks for the link!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, that turtle is darling. Well done, Tammy! Your Pineberry Lane piece looks good as does your first embroidery piece. Thinking of you. Stay cool and hydrated, Tammy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin! I appreciate that. Keep moving forward. You stay cool too-this week is going to be brutal!!

      Delete
  3. Love the stitching you have done. The turtle is amazing !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Carin! The turtle was a lot of fun.

      Delete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!