""

Sunday, July 21, 2024

New Start! Notforgotten Farm Sisters of the Broom!

What a week it's been, right? But I'm just going to talk about cross stitch!

I started a new project! Notforgotten Farm's Sisters of the Broom. It's only got four DMC colors, and so far, I'm using just what is called for. I'm stitching it on PTP 16 ct. Ale, using one strand of floss. This is such a nice color. And a nice fabric as well. 

I am actually excited to be stitching on this, for the first time in a long time. This will be my first cross stitch in nearly about 35 years without any of my own dog's hair in it. That is crazy, lol. I'm positive that all my pieces I've EVER done had a stray dog hair. Regardless, I am excited to stitch, and that is a plus right now!

My son and I went to see a Samurai Warrior Armor exhibit at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts yesterday. What a wonderful exhibit, and I would recommend it to anyone! We had a such a great day. Museum, lunch at a favorite place, the bookstore....and traffic. Oh my lord the traffic. But it didn't stop us from having a fantastic time.



Truly amazing exhibit and displays! Well, I think that's all I have for now. I made myself a goal to stitch every single day for the next week and we'll see where I'm at. One day at a time, one stitch at a time. That's how it gets done.

I hope everyone is getting some stitching done and staying cool. We're a bit cooler this week, thank goodness. Getting a tooth pulled and not looking forward to that, but I still want to put in some stitches that day. Wish me luck. It's been a long long time since I had to have that done. In September I'm going in to some totally foreign dental territory-implants. I'm scared!

Have a great week, and I'll be back soon with an update on Sisters of the Broom!

4 comments:

  1. Great choice!
    I've always loved that piece.
    Al is a great fabric for it.
    Good luck at the dentist.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've always loved it too--decided to just do it! Fingers crossed for the dentist, lol!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful choice for your new start, Tammy! Your fabric choice is great. Every stitch in is one less you have to make. Good luck at the dentist and I will pray for your mouth's healing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Robin! Fingers crossed-I have a great dentist! I'm really enjoying working on this particular piece so far!

      Delete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!