""

Saturday, March 14, 2020

How's everyone doing? Crochet and stitchy updates!

I spent today inside just stitching. Had a stressful work week, and I really needed the break. Plus, with all the virus talk out in the world, I figured I'd keep to myself today. Normally, I'd have been out and about, probably having lunch with my mom and talking or going to a crafty store. But instead, we chatted on the phone about yarn we saw online, sharing links, and photos over email. I'm certainly not going in to total lockdown, but I will rethink where I want to go, and how often.

Woodlawn needlework show has been suspended. Don't know if we'll make it up there. But hopefully we will visit In Stitches soon, regardless. I want to put together a list of a couple projects to kit up and get my fabric and floss there. What a bummer to maybe miss the show this year.  We were also scheduled to go see Celtic Woman tomorrow. Mom declined to go (don't blame her a bit), but I got the news this morning that the concert was cancelled and they won't be back until 2021. Sad about that too, but safety first.

Here is my Christmastide update! I will be done SOON! I can see the light at the tunnel's end!


Last night, I got the itch to make a little crochet basket. I will get some tshirt yarn and make a bigger one, but I just did this one from worsted weight and it turned out super cute!



I mean, seriously??!! How adorable? I bought the pattern on Etsy, and you can find it HERE. It was really easy and I finished it in about two hours. I just took my time so I didn't have to rip any rows out. It paid off.

With this virus making the news, we should all probably be able to finish lots of WIPs, learn new skills, read some books we'd been putting off, or maybe even write some emails, or snail mail letters to people. I have the best intentions of what I'd like to do with some down time, but I'm not going to be hard on myself if I don't do any of it. You just have to take life day by day and try to enjoy the time we have. Newsflash: it IS limited. So, be good to everyone, especially yourselves. Do some online shopping, check out YouTube or some new Netflix series. Snuggle in, and wait it out!

Until next time,

4 comments:

  1. Christmastide is awesome.
    Love the smoke coming out of the chimney.
    That basket is too cute.
    I bet if you hung one outside, the birds would make a nest in it!
    Enjoy your week.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea! I may have to do that.

      Delete
  2. Super progress on the Pineberry Lane piece! What an adorable basket you created with your crochet hook!

    I can't believe the craziness that is going on out there. What you wrote in your last few sentences of your post is so true. Stay well, Tammy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin-yep, we all need to just appreciate life right now I think! Stay well!

      Delete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!