""

Monday, March 23, 2020

Nearing the finish line! How are we this week?

I hope everyone is doing well, and staying healthy. This is a bit of a frightening time, isn't it? A few days ago, everyone was saying stay inside. This morning, some government officials are now saying "gee we can't sustain this, so we're seeing how we can get everyone back to work." Hunh? My head is spinning. 

So, instead of a long rambling post about the government, lets get down to stitching updates! I am on the home stretch of this pattern. The ONLY thing left to do is the snow below the house, which I have started on!



Let me not get too excited until that last stitch, however. Hopefully it'll be done this week. Because I really don't want to drag this snowy piece into April.

I also made another crochet basket. I think my other one was completed inside out. It's still cute, but I did another one with a bulkier yarn, and I love this one too!


It's a fun little pattern! It takes only an hour or an our and a half to complete one of them. I see more in my future.

I'm working on a new crochet pattern too, called the Little Meringue Shawl.


Lots of people have used the Sheepjes Whirl cakes on this one, but I picked up a nice, and nearly identical one at Hobby Lobby a couple weeks ago. It's the same blend as Sheepjes and very lightweight. It's coming along nicely I think.

Take care of yourselves and your loved ones out there. Be gentle with one another, and make sure people know you love them. It's so important while we are all isolating ourselves. FaceTime, Skype, Zoom, or whatever you can do to connect, laugh, check in, and keep up!

Meanwhile, I'll be here stitching! Until next time,

4 comments:

  1. Great progress.
    I love that house with the smoke coming out.
    Those baskets are too cute.
    Love that yarn color,that will make a pretty shawl.
    Our Governor is shutting down all non-essential businesses today.
    Kind of sad because that put a lot of people out of work. :(
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy, your Pineberry Lane piece is looking good. That basket is so adorable and handy. You are off to a good start on your shawl.

    What crazy times we are living in! Stay well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!