""

Thursday, March 26, 2020

First 2020 Finish and New Start chit chat!

I'm so glad to be done with my project!


 

I'm happy with how it turned out! I kind of lost a month due to health issues, so I can't be too hard on myself for this being my first finish of the year I guess.

Now, I'm attempting another go at Notforgotten Farm's Flag Folk. I really don't like the red and blue that is used. I think the blue is too light and the red too orange (for my taste only!). So I may swap those for some DMC colors. And I don't like stitching one full "x" at a time because the rows don't match up when you go back the other way, lol. So I don't think I'll be doing that either.
I tried to start this on the "Murky" fabric from PTP, but dang. It's 36 count linen and I just had the WORST time trying to see this. I use readers in strength of 3, so I guess I need to move up. But man, there was just no way. Sooooooo...........

I dyed my own version of "Murky". Tell me what you think. Here is the original.
PTP Murky
And here is my own version of this gorgeous fabric in 16 ct. Aida.
My own hand dyed version on 16 ct. aida

I'm really happy with it. For anyone that wants to know, I used RIT Taupe, and Charcoal Gray, then mixed some Navy Blue in with the Charcoal Gray.

My wonderful Momma send me a sweet pandemic survival present.


I have the Clover hooks, but wanted to keep another set by my be and I really wanted that blush pink T-Shirt yarn.....yay! Such a sweet thing for her to do. We love her so much, and I treasure our relationship so much. I need to find a little something special for her as well.

Take care, be well,, and I'll be back soon with an update on my Flag Folk project! Until then,

3 comments:

  1. Well done on your Pineberry Lane finish, Tammy! I like your version of Murky. What a lovely pandemic package you received from your Momma! I look forward to seeing your progress on Flag Folk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fabulous job with dying the fabric. Looks great. That T-shirt yarn looks so soft - a special gift from your mom !
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Murky dye lots change so much.
    It started out with more bluish gray, but now it's mostly brown, ok for some projects though.
    Your version is nice, a little lighter in color.
    I too have that design & wonder what fabric to use.
    How thoughtful of your Mom, that pink yarn is so pretty!
    Stay safe & have a great weekend!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!