""

Sunday, April 5, 2020

Flag Folk update and birthday fun!

I have a modest start on my second go-round of Flag Folk by Notforgotten Farm. I did not stitch the yellow circle thing in the blue area of the flag. For some reason, I could not get that to look right and the stitches looked kind of fuzzy after a couple attempts. I think it looks OK just blue. I switched out the WDW Dolphin with DMC 926. I also swapped out WDW Terracotta for DMC 3777.



My son's beautiful girlfriend turned 23 yesterday! Oh to be 23 again! I made a larger version of the hanging basket in one of the skeins of gorgeous pink T-Shirt yarn my mom got me (show in the post below this one).


That yarn was much more difficult to crochet with than yarn! I enjoyed doing it, but needed ibuprofen for my old hands and shoulders, lol. It was totally worth it though!

Also made the Chocolate Cloud Cake that everyone loves. It turned out wonderfully.





I made authentic chicken fried rice and the three of us had a wonderful dinner and dessert! The weather was really pretty too. Love these kiddos.

Well, it's been another week of bad news and rising infection in this country. It's pretty surreal. I won't be gracing WalMart's doors any time soon. They have instituted a policy where they let a certain number of people in the store and everyone else waits outside. Then it's one in, one out. I hope Target doesn't do that. Or regular grocery stores. I think vacation is cancelled this year as well. Not happy, but what can you do when there's a global pandemic? Nothing. Just wait it out and try to stay safe.

Stay comfy and safe, and take care of yourselves. Hopefully you are getting lots of stitching and home cooking done. All that would be great if not for the existential dread, wouldn't it?

Until next time,

4 comments:

  1. Flag Folk is going to be so pretty on that fabric.
    Looks like your son's girlfriend had a nice Birthday.
    That cake looks delicious!
    Take care.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your patriotic stitch is looking good, Tammy! I like your color switches! That cake you made looks incredible. It looks like your son's girlfriend had a wonderful day celebrating her birthday. Be well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!