""

Monday, April 20, 2020

Cabin Fever Stitching, etc.

This is getting tough. There are so many things I miss. Going out to eat with my mom, my son's girlfriend (Tiara), and shopping pop ins to Home Goods and Marshalls. I'm trying. I'm trying very, very hard to appreciate the fact that none of us are sick at this time, and that the hardest thing I have to do is to not go anywhere. But it is getting to me. How about you? Are you dealing with it all OK? Give me some tips if you have them.

I got the leaf branch nearly done on Flag Folk.




I have loved this design for so long--started it last year on a different colorway of my own dyed fabric, but didn't like it as much as this one. It's an enjoyable stitch thus far!

I spent the weekend trying to get my spare bedroom in shape. All my crafty stitchy stuff was all over the place. I put away all the stash charts I acquired the past year (yep, I said year). I reorganized nearly all my DMC floss. Next up is coming up with a good storage method for left over specialty flosses. Again, if you have any ideas, let me know.

While filing away my floss, I came across a few groupings of floss that I have NO IDEA what to do with. I know I purchased them for certain projects, but now--it's anybody's guess.


Oh my, what have I done? I looked and looked, and can't decipher what they go to. That's three separate groups, purchased at different times and set aside for some project. Ha!

A bit more recent stash to show. Hey, I can't go out and buy any Rae Dunn, so here I sit, browsing through my stash unload groups and when something pops up I can't live without, I get it. It makes me happy.



I have been searching for Moon Garden for probably 10 years. I could never justify paying what it was going for on ebay-ever. I scored a very nice, new, chart for a great price and couldn't turn it down. I already had all the supplies kitted up, just waiting for the day when it happened. Though, now that I think of it, I recently scored a large piece of black Heatherfield fabric and might do it on that! I bought it for another project, but Moon Garden might need it instead!

I used to LOVE Heatherfield fabric. I'd love to see Wichelt start to produce it again. They had so many wonderful colors and my favorites were the ones with the multi-colored specks in the fabric. I have a few things framed that I did on Heatherfield. I'll take some pics soon and talk about that great fabric.

Try to stay sane out there. And wear your masks. I have some bandanas on order from Hobby Lobby, and purchased a good number of hair elastics to use the fold over technique for simple mask wearing. I didn't have much luck with sewing them, but may give it another go. I saw a doctor say that one of the best "filters" for the mask is just a folded up paper napkin (think Bounty). So, using bandanas will easily allow for that until I can do something better.
Keep safe and well, and until next time,

6 comments:

  1. Tammy, I think that we are all going stir crazy - you are not alone! Great start on Flag Folk - who is the designer, please? I'm so glad that I am not the only one who has bagged up sets of floss for designs that I have no idea of! I always have more plans than I have time for. Great new stash - especially the Butternut Road design - love the geese. Stay safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! The designer is Notforgotten Farm. Yep, I sure do have more plans than time, lol. I think every avid stitcher probably does. You stay safe also! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. It's getting to me also, not having the option to hop in the car & go, other than the grocery store, which I'm getting tired of.
    Flag Folk is looking so cool on that fabric!
    I've been sorting & organizing also.
    I have a few bunches of floss like that, maybe their owners will show up soon!
    Great stash, & love Moon Garden.
    I too used to love Heatherfield, I wish they still made it, & a few fabric colors they've retired like Tobacco & Rosemary.
    I sewed some masks for us & family.
    Take care.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn! Yes, sure do miss that Heatherfield! Whenever it pops up in my stash group, it always goes fast, so people still like it. Oh yes, tobacco was SO pretty!

      Delete
  3. Flag Folk is looking good, Tammy. Good for you on organizing and putting your stash away! Well done on scoring Moon Garden by BBD! I try to get out and walk around our property each day; I think getting fresh air helps. At least for me, it does. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin! I think I should start walking a bit too. I've gotten very lazy! Fresh air IS good, and I probably do need some!

      Delete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!