""

Sunday, May 3, 2020

Flag Folk Update and what's happenin'?

I think I lost a week somewhere and forgot to update. But here's the most recent progress on my Flag Folk with my own version of Murky fabric.




Honestly, after my previous attempts at this one, I never thought I'd get this far. I really really like this one! I left out the WDW "Straw" for his head, which was not listed on the pattern key but inside the actual design. The replacement for the WDW "Straw" which was listed as DMC 422 (online) was just about the same color as this little guy's shirt! So I plucked DMC 543 from my stash and I'm pretty happy with it so far.

I'm taking far less photos of anything else than I ever have in many years. I'm just not feeling it. Life seems so strange, and I know we are all going through this now, even though many states are "opening up" a little at a time. I think that isn't such a hot idea when you are living in an area where illness is increasing, but that's just my opinion.....

Work was very busy this past week and my weekends are FLYING by at lightning speed. I did a major clean up of my spare room/craft room last weekend, and I'm ecstatic about that. My husband painted our laundry room and put shiplap on one wall. I'll update with pics as soon as it's all nice and neat looking. I see those pics on pinterest with people's laundry rooms looking more like their own living room and I wonder if it really stays like that??! I mean, a tiny crystal chandelier in the laundry room? My laundry room gets so dusty, I could never pull that off. But if someone can, then more power to 'em! I'm happy with my pretty simple makeover though.

I truly hope everyone out there reading this is doing well. Hopefully you are getting lots of stitching done, or learning a new dish to cook. I'd love to make some bread if everyone hadn't already hoarded up all the yeast, lol. I need to concentrate on cutting bread out, actually, instead of incorporating it even more into my daily life. Oh well!

Take care of yourselves, and have a great upcoming week! Until next time,

6 comments:

  1. Tammy, I love this piece - the fabric especially. Stay safe and well. And I'm with you, I can never keep my laundry neat but after all, it is a working room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flag Folk looks awesome.
    Yes, the weeks are moving by fast.
    I've seen a lot of decorated Laundry Rooms too, I have one simple plaque in there.
    I have mixed feelings on re-opening too.
    I am keeping busy stitching.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flag Folk is looking good, Tammy! I love the colors against your version of Murky. I had to chuckle about your comment about people turning their laundry room into looking like their living room. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin--it's true though, right? LOL

      Delete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!