""

Sunday, May 17, 2020

Yup. More stash. Flag Folk progress too!

First, the progress! I did pretty good this week. It was a short work week, so most every day afterwards, I stitched!



How cute is this? I love stitching primitive designs. The simplicity lends itself to a very relaxing experience. I would love to be done with this by the end of the month and move on to something else fun. We shall see!

I try to keep my purchases to a limit every month, and I sure do not need more-but sometimes, a design just speaks to you. I sold lots of my cross stitch things years ago, and have slowly replaced them (though, not in the pristine condition I had them in). Not everything, but you know, the ones I really loved.




This last one is Father Sail Home by Shakespeare's Peddler. It's just a little thing. But this one is special to me. I'm going to stitch this in honor of my stepfather, Jim, who passed away in 2017. He was in the Navy, and he owned a sailboat at one time. He loved the beach, lighthouses, and he fancied himself a seafaring man his whole life. This little design will be perfect. I'm sorry I never saw this design while he was alive. He'd have loved it.

I guess I need to order some clothes for summer. Kohl's still isn't open here, but it may be soon. I'm just so depressed at the state of things. Trying to keep chin up, but wow. The news is so awful, I can't look too much anymore. Until things even out, I think I need to drink more tea and go for more walks. I went to walk a couple times this past week at my old stomping grounds. I took my mom one day for some nice outdoor time. She said it made all the difference. It was absolutely beautiful.


When I am there, nothing seems wrong with the world. All you hear are the insects, and the birds, and the wind. All you see are the green pastures and gently rolling fields. It's definitely one of my favorite places.

Take care, get some fresh air and sunshine if you can. It'll be a chance of rain or raining pretty much all week long here. Still going to sit on the porch a while or heck, maybe even just go to the park anyways. Hope you get lots of stitching done. Until next time,

7 comments:

  1. Nice progress, loving this.
    That's some great stash you found.
    The S Peddler piece is great, never saw that one.
    It rained here all day yesterday, & today doesn't look much better.
    Have a great week.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn! Hope your rain goes away soon!

      Delete
  2. lol! I did the same thing a couple of years ago....sold most of my cross stitch stuff....and now, since Nashville Market, I have repurchased some of what I had....as well as added many new! I "blame" it on the all of the amazingly talented designers that really went above and beyond with their new releases at market! The adoration of cross stitch returned to this gal's spirit! :-)
    Limiting news and going for walks and drives (especially when the sun is shining) is a very effective treatment for the quarantine blahs... this too shall pass... be safe and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! Yes, driving in the sunshine is wonderful, as is walking! And oh yeah, market gives us some wonderful things to remove dollars from our wallets! I love it.

      Delete
  3. Awesome progress on Flag Folk, Tammy! You added some lovely charts to your stash; I really like the one called Father Sail Home. What a lovely place to walk! We have rain and/or storms in our forecast here as well. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin! I really love that chart too--seems meaningful! You have a good week too. Stay dry!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!