""

Thursday, May 28, 2020

Memorial Day and Flag Folk Update

Memorial Day was kind of lackluster here. The weather was blah and cloudy, but we did cook out this past weekend. It just wasn't on Memorial Day. My company was kind enough to give us all Tuesday off as well and I really enjoyed it, though I didn't do much. Seems to be the order of the day lately.

Here's my update so far!



Moving right along! I still love this fabric that I dyed. It's not quite as dark or greenish as the PTP Murky, but I still like it. Though not very big, it's the largest piece I've done in a while. 

I wish I had more to report on or share. Our state is re-opening, and it's baby steps, rightly so. I'm trying to fight off being depressed about it all, quite honestly. I am very thankful no one I know has been affected at this time. I miss how things were-being able to take my kiddos out to lunch or dinner somewhere. It's been months since I've been able to do that. Yes, we eat here, but we did love going out too. Who doesn't?


Made myself some waffles with fresh strawberries as a consolation last night. Pretty good if I do say so myself! These are just from the side of the box recipe for waffles using Aunt Jemima Original Complete pancake/waffle mix.


Growing petunias again this year in pots out back. I do love them. I haven't bee able to find true "trailing" petunias in years. I had them ONE year---and then not again. Sure, they may say "trailing", but believe me, they are not. Have no idea what's going on in petunia-world, but someone is depriving us of our trailing petunias, lol. These light purple ones smell so amazing!


Jenny just wanted to say HELLO! This pup is my baby. She's a nearly 14 year old baby, but still! I can't believe she's been with us that long. She makes me laugh, but she can be rotten too, don't get me wrong. Still love her.

Well, that's it! I hope you guys have an amazing upcoming weekend and have wonderful weather and can get outside and get some sunshine! Meanwhile, I'm gonna try and make some more progress on this Flag Folk piece and think about what I want to do next. Until then,

6 comments:

  1. Lovely stitching. The restrictions are being eased here in the UK too, I know some sort of normal has to return soon but I don't like the amount of people around that seem to think it's all over. I'm still only going to go out if I have to, for now. Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please stay safe Maggie! It's the same here. I'm not easing up on mask wearing or anti bacterial. It's scary right now.

      Delete
  2. Flag Folk is coming along nicely.
    It didn't even feel like a Holiday was here, just messed up knowing what day it is!
    I like the Petunias because they are low maintenance & last all Summer. Need to get some yet.
    Jenny is too cute!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn! It sure didn't feel like any holiday at all, that is for sure. Stay safe!

      Delete
  3. Tammy, Flag Folk is looking good. You have made good progress with it. I love your fabric that you dyed; much prettier than the Murky by PTP. Jenny is a cutie. Oh my goodness, those waffles look incredible. What type of waffle maker to you have/use? Your Petunias are so pretty; lovely shades of purple. I agree with you on the going out to eat; carry out is just not the same. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin! It's just a little Cuisinart round one. Makes nice waffles though! Appreciate the feedback on the fabric. It's fits the pattern nicely!

      Delete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!