""

Sunday, May 10, 2020

Happy Mother's Day!

I don't know how we're so far into May, but here we are! I hope everyone is staying well and being safe. I'm doing the old home made no-sew bandana mask when I go out. I kind of like looking like a bandit.

I got a lot more stitching done this week on Notforgotten Farm's Flag Folk. I can tell you I do not like working with the called for overdyed flosses by WDW. Onyx is better than Schneckley for some reason. Portions of the floss are very thin. Some get "fuzzy" on a stitch or two before it evens out for some reason. Maybe it doesn't like being pulled through the aida. It also knots up no matter how long or short I cut the length! Sure looks pretty though, lol.



I am lucky to have my mother still on this earth, and to say I appreciate everything she's ever done for me is an understatement.

Mom bringing me home Aug. 1966 Bethesda Naval Hospital
My mom instilled a loved of crafting, reading, and family. I know everyone's mom is special, but she is really special. I thank her for everything. Everything. I can't say it enough.

My son and his girlfriend (my second kiddo), got me a super sweet little basket with a bunch of sweetness in it. Reese's peanut butter cups (ate them straight away), car air freshener, body scrub, kleenex (yay!), gorgeous diffuser, and a beautiful card. I am so thankful for them, and love them so much.

Spring has really sprung around here. The weather is gorgeous, and trees are all green. We cancelled our vacation and postponed it until next year. It's just what had to be done. Hopefully all will be evened out a bit more with the covid situation. But I just can't see going to the beach in a few weeks without all the restaurants being open, or the pools. It'll wait for us.

Well, you guys take care, and take care of each other. Don't put too much pressure on yourself and just try and roll with it. It's tough, but we'll get through this and come out on the other side, hopefully more grateful, more prepared, and smarter. Until next time,

6 comments:

  1. Flag Folk is looking good.
    I have a problem with WDW knotting a lot, more than GAST.
    Happy belated Mother's Day, sounds like it was nice.
    We had a very dark, gloomy day yesterday, today looks better.
    It rained some, which we need badly.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marilyn! Nice to hear it's not just me with the knotting up!

      Delete
  2. Flag Folk is looking good, Tammy! Are your skeins of Weeks the older stuff (before they became colorfast)? Or newer? If they are the older, that would explain some of your issues. I really liked the picture of you and your Mom that you shared. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin! I got these about a year ago at the beach, but I have no idea how long they were on the hooks at the shop. You may be right! Thanks for that info!

      Delete
  3. Do Dnia Matki zostało jeszcze trochę czasu ale ja podziwiam Twoj haft. Pozdrawiam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope you had a good mother's day!

      Delete

Thank you so much! I appreciate all stitchy comments!